To inject some more fun into the start of the week we’ve brought this month’s event forward. Tuesdays are officially the new Wednesdays…
Lucky too, as we’re really excited about this next one – the theme is creative mistakes. We’ve invited along the legendary graphic artist Anthony Burrill, director and designer Carl Burgess, founder of The Boring Conference James Ward, and art director Anna Murray and textiles designer Grace Winteringham, founders of the award-winning creative organisation Patternity. They’ll each be giving 10 minute talks delving into the theme and giving us a rare behind-the-scenes look at ways they work, experiment and make mistakes.
As always, we’re offering the chance for one attendee to give a 3 minute talk on this month’s theme – click here for more details.
Hope you can join us on Tuesday 30 April at Shoreditch Studios to listen to the talks and have some beers. Tickets to our past monthly events were snapped up quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?