To inject some more fun into the start of the week we’ve brought this month’s event forward. Tuesdays are officially the new Wednesdays…
Lucky too, as we’re really excited about this next one – the theme is creative mistakes. We’ve invited along the legendary graphic artist Anthony Burrill, director and designer Carl Burgess, founder of The Boring Conference James Ward, and art director Anna Murray and textiles designer Grace Winteringham, founders of the award-winning creative organisation Patternity. They’ll each be giving 10 minute talks delving into the theme and giving us a rare behind-the-scenes look at ways they work, experiment and make mistakes.
As always, we’re offering the chance for one attendee to give a 3 minute talk on this month’s theme – click here for more details.
Hope you can join us on Tuesday 30 April at Shoreditch Studios to listen to the talks and have some beers. Tickets to our past monthly events were snapped up quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books