To inject some more fun into the start of the week we’ve brought this month’s event forward. Tuesdays are officially the new Wednesdays…
Lucky too, as we’re really excited about this next one – the theme is creative mistakes. We’ve invited along the legendary graphic artist Anthony Burrill, director and designer Carl Burgess, founder of The Boring Conference James Ward, and art director Anna Murray and textiles designer Grace Winteringham, founders of the award-winning creative organisation Patternity. They’ll each be giving 10 minute talks delving into the theme and giving us a rare behind-the-scenes look at ways they work, experiment and make mistakes.
As always, we’re offering the chance for one attendee to give a 3 minute talk on this month’s theme – click here for more details.
Hope you can join us on Tuesday 30 April at Shoreditch Studios to listen to the talks and have some beers. Tickets to our past monthly events were snapped up quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain