To inject some more fun into the start of the week we’ve brought this month’s event forward. Tuesdays are officially the new Wednesdays…
Lucky too, as we’re really excited about this next one – the theme is creative mistakes. We’ve invited along the legendary graphic artist Anthony Burrill, director and designer Carl Burgess, founder of The Boring Conference James Ward, and art director Anna Murray and textiles designer Grace Winteringham, founders of the award-winning creative organisation Patternity. They’ll each be giving 10 minute talks delving into the theme and giving us a rare behind-the-scenes look at ways they work, experiment and make mistakes.
As always, we’re offering the chance for one attendee to give a 3 minute talk on this month’s theme – click here for more details.
Hope you can join us on Tuesday 30 April at Shoreditch Studios to listen to the talks and have some beers. Tickets to our past monthly events were snapped up quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"