To inject some more fun into the start of the week we’ve brought this month’s event forward. Tuesdays are officially the new Wednesdays…
Lucky too, as we’re really excited about this next one – the theme is creative mistakes. We’ve invited along the legendary graphic artist Anthony Burrill, director and designer Carl Burgess, founder of The Boring Conference James Ward, and art director Anna Murray and textiles designer Grace Winteringham, founders of the award-winning creative organisation Patternity. They’ll each be giving 10 minute talks delving into the theme and giving us a rare behind-the-scenes look at ways they work, experiment and make mistakes.
As always, we’re offering the chance for one attendee to give a 3 minute talk on this month’s theme – click here for more details.
Hope you can join us on Tuesday 30 April at Shoreditch Studios to listen to the talks and have some beers. Tickets to our past monthly events were snapped up quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Designer Collin Fletcher’s rich portfolio of music-related projects
- Mainframe turns the movements of recognisable objects on their head
- Local Characters: Anna Kulachek typographically depicts her hometown of Moscow
- Illustrator and animator Steph Hope’s cast of weird and wonderful characters
- Interactive magazine The Exposed searches for utopia in issue two
- Street View: Photographs of Urban Life, displays 100 years of photography
- Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- Juventus football club given a new identity by Interbrand
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters