UPDATE!! Thrilled to announce that Flo Nicoll an editor at Mills & Boon has been added to next week’s line-up. Flo will be looking at what makes good erotic writing and giving some hints and tips for would-be sexy scribes. Get your tickets now!
Nicer Tuesdays might have taken a month off in June but it’s back with a vengeance in a new guise perfectly suited to the sultry summer days London is currently enjoying/enduring. For July, our informal evening of short, sharp talks this month gets all sexy and that, with a night exploring and examining erotica. It seems that creatives of all stripes have become increasingly interested in this world over recent months and so we were keen to dig a little deeper.
Confirmed to speak are Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder and editor of The Anonymous Sex Journal, who will be looking at the new appetite for naughty but nice publications and photographer Bronia Stewart who recently went behind-the-scenes at Babestation, one of the UK’s most notorious adult channels. We’re also welcoming artist, illustrator and animator Jasper Goodall.
It takes place on Tuesday July 30 between 7pm and 9:30pm at Shoreditch Studios in east London but tickets are limited, so act now or risk missing us all get our freak on (not literally) at the next Nicer Tuesdays.
As ever we’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three-minute talk on the night. To apply, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, what you do and a short summary of your talk – remember it should relate to the theme of erotica!
- The sun's shining, the weather is sweet: here's the Best of the Web
- Great new film series profiling the individuals challenging the macho stereotypes of rugby
- Tom Cockram's photographs of Brazil’s street culture in the lead up to last year’s World Cup
- Clever, well-observed editorial illustrations from Toronto-based Peter Thomas Ryan
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection
- Utopia-focussed design work from studio Public School
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- Pentagram Partner Michael Bierut shares his wisdom on what makes a truly great logo design
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Phwoar! Typophiles, swoon over this cornucopia of contemporary typography
- “What’s your style? I don’t fucking know. You tell me mate”: A no nonsense look at the work of Barber Osgerby
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team