UPDATE!! Thrilled to announce that Flo Nicoll an editor at Mills & Boon has been added to next week’s line-up. Flo will be looking at what makes good erotic writing and giving some hints and tips for would-be sexy scribes. Get your tickets now!
Nicer Tuesdays might have taken a month off in June but it’s back with a vengeance in a new guise perfectly suited to the sultry summer days London is currently enjoying/enduring. For July, our informal evening of short, sharp talks this month gets all sexy and that, with a night exploring and examining erotica. It seems that creatives of all stripes have become increasingly interested in this world over recent months and so we were keen to dig a little deeper.
Confirmed to speak are Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder and editor of The Anonymous Sex Journal, who will be looking at the new appetite for naughty but nice publications and photographer Bronia Stewart who recently went behind-the-scenes at Babestation, one of the UK’s most notorious adult channels. We’re also welcoming artist, illustrator and animator Jasper Goodall.
It takes place on Tuesday July 30 between 7pm and 9:30pm at Shoreditch Studios in east London but tickets are limited, so act now or risk missing us all get our freak on (not literally) at the next Nicer Tuesdays.
As ever we’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three-minute talk on the night. To apply, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, what you do and a short summary of your talk – remember it should relate to the theme of erotica!
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant