UPDATE!! Thrilled to announce that Flo Nicoll an editor at Mills & Boon has been added to next week’s line-up. Flo will be looking at what makes good erotic writing and giving some hints and tips for would-be sexy scribes. Get your tickets now!
Nicer Tuesdays might have taken a month off in June but it’s back with a vengeance in a new guise perfectly suited to the sultry summer days London is currently enjoying/enduring. For July, our informal evening of short, sharp talks this month gets all sexy and that, with a night exploring and examining erotica. It seems that creatives of all stripes have become increasingly interested in this world over recent months and so we were keen to dig a little deeper.
Confirmed to speak are Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder and editor of The Anonymous Sex Journal, who will be looking at the new appetite for naughty but nice publications and photographer Bronia Stewart who recently went behind-the-scenes at Babestation, one of the UK’s most notorious adult channels. We’re also welcoming artist, illustrator and animator Jasper Goodall.
It takes place on Tuesday July 30 between 7pm and 9:30pm at Shoreditch Studios in east London but tickets are limited, so act now or risk missing us all get our freak on (not literally) at the next Nicer Tuesdays.
As ever we’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three-minute talk on the night. To apply, simply email email@example.com stating your name, what you do and a short summary of your talk – remember it should relate to the theme of erotica!
- Lili des Bellons illustrates a fluoro world of monsters and robots
- Type tells Tales: Steven Heller and Gail Anderson explore the performative traits of type
- Things: The post full of positivity we received this April
- Photographer Louis De Belle’s unconventional portraits of New York commuters
- M35 creates a topographical identity for a project about Australia's rural landscape
- We speak to the three creatives behind a Nigerian-focused editorial and film for Kenzo
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again