UPDATE!! Thrilled to announce that Flo Nicoll an editor at Mills & Boon has been added to next week’s line-up. Flo will be looking at what makes good erotic writing and giving some hints and tips for would-be sexy scribes. Get your tickets now!
Nicer Tuesdays might have taken a month off in June but it’s back with a vengeance in a new guise perfectly suited to the sultry summer days London is currently enjoying/enduring. For July, our informal evening of short, sharp talks this month gets all sexy and that, with a night exploring and examining erotica. It seems that creatives of all stripes have become increasingly interested in this world over recent months and so we were keen to dig a little deeper.
Confirmed to speak are Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder and editor of The Anonymous Sex Journal, who will be looking at the new appetite for naughty but nice publications and photographer Bronia Stewart who recently went behind-the-scenes at Babestation, one of the UK’s most notorious adult channels. We’re also welcoming artist, illustrator and animator Jasper Goodall.
It takes place on Tuesday July 30 between 7pm and 9:30pm at Shoreditch Studios in east London but tickets are limited, so act now or risk missing us all get our freak on (not literally) at the next Nicer Tuesdays.
As ever we’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three-minute talk on the night. To apply, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, what you do and a short summary of your talk – remember it should relate to the theme of erotica!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016