Nicer Tuesdays returns to Oval Space on 28 February for the second event of 2017, with an inspiring line-up featuring Carl Burgess, Oscar Hudson and Mirka Laura Severa. The event is now sold out – sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about future events.
Motion and design studio More and More is known for its pioneering work for the likes of Nike, Chanel and Mercedes Benz, but last year took on its bravest brief yet. The studio closed for 50 days to focus on its own project, with the aim simply to create as many unfiltered ideas as possible. The studio’s co-founder Carl Burgess will be talking to us about the reasons behind the project, and its incredible results.
Director Oscar Hudson recently worked with Bonobo to create the video to its track No Reason, a feat of set making and in-camera filmmaking that was achieved entirely without CGI. Oscar will be showing us behind the scenes of the video, which travels through a staggering 18 sets, and sharing the intricate details and technical challenges of creating the film.
Photographer Mirka Laura Severa has a knack for capturing striking and surreal imagery, and her latest shoot for SZ Magazin is no exception. When commissioned to do a fashion shoot for winter jackets, she decided to use snowmen as models on location atop an Austrian glacier. She’ll be telling us more about the perks and perils of working on such a unique series.
Olivia Ahmad was co-curator of the House of Illustration’s recent exhibition Jo Brocklehurst: Nobodies and Somebodies, which sheds light on the life and career of the influential illustrator. Olivia will be telling us more about the artist, beyond the paintings of London punks and New Romantics she’s known for, and the impact of her experimental approach.
Event Partner: Adobe
Designer. Photographer. Filmmaker. Dreamer. No matter who you are, there’s something for you in the latest release of Creative Cloud. Adobe is proud to sponsor Nicer Tuesdays 2017 and ready to show you what’s new.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU