With the World Cup now just weeks away our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore the intersection between football and creativity! Even if you don’t know anything about the beautiful game, our superb line-up of speakers are very much rooted in the art and design world.
Joining us is award-winning graphic designer Rick Banks to talk about his book Football Type which celebrates typography in football across the decades, and co-founder of The Illustrated Game Alice Devine will tell us about their blog and podcast which covers the game in all its forms, with an emphasis on illustrating personal adventures across the football world.
Also joining us will be Christoph Lorenzi of Sennep to talk about their online Sticker Swapping project fueled entirely by the studio’s love for (and addiction to) the Panini sticker album, and filmmaker Sam Blair will discuss his latest documentary for ESPN Maradona ’86 which explores the World Cup when this most mercurial talent captured the world’s imagination, for both his brilliance and his infamous Hand of God goal.
As ever the beer’s on us so come down for a footy-themed night of creative inspiration. We promise not to play Three Lions (more than once)…
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations