With the World Cup now just weeks away our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore the intersection between football and creativity! Even if you don’t know anything about the beautiful game, our superb line-up of speakers are very much rooted in the art and design world.
Joining us is award-winning graphic designer Rick Banks to talk about his book Football Type which celebrates typography in football across the decades, and co-founder of The Illustrated Game Alice Devine will tell us about their blog and podcast which covers the game in all its forms, with an emphasis on illustrating personal adventures across the football world.
Also joining us will be Christoph Lorenzi of Sennep to talk about their online Sticker Swapping project fueled entirely by the studio’s love for (and addiction to) the Panini sticker album, and filmmaker Sam Blair will discuss his latest documentary for ESPN Maradona ’86 which explores the World Cup when this most mercurial talent captured the world’s imagination, for both his brilliance and his infamous Hand of God goal.
As ever the beer’s on us so come down for a footy-themed night of creative inspiration. We promise not to play Three Lions (more than once)…
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?