Hot on the heels of the London Design Festival, Nicer Tuesdays returns to Shoreditch Studios next week to explore how London has been an inspiration for creative practices and projects. With this in mind, we’ve invited some fascinating speakers who have taken the city as subject and canvas in unique ways.
We are delighted to confirm Matt Baxter as our final speaker. One half of the Baxter and Bailey agency, Matt is also a comic book artist and has curated a show for LDF looking at how London has been featured in an array of graphic novels.
Our other speakers include Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke, founders of Carmody Groarke architectural studio who will be discussing their RIBA award winning project The Filling Station in Kings Cross, while maverick curator, writer and artist Cedar Lewisohn – who’s curatorial credits include the Street Art and Rude Britannia shows for the Tate – will join us as well.
Gingerline will give a special insight to their pop-up dinning experiences which fuse food, design and adventure in secret locations along the East London Overground line (hence the name).
And once again we are offering up a three-minute slot for someone to come and talk about their own London-inspired project – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re up for it with a short proposal of what you’d like to cover.
So join us for an evening of insight and information into how this eclectic selection of creatives react and respond to contemporary London.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting