Hot on the heels of the London Design Festival, Nicer Tuesdays returns to Shoreditch Studios next week to explore how London has been an inspiration for creative practices and projects. With this in mind, we’ve invited some fascinating speakers who have taken the city as subject and canvas in unique ways.
We are delighted to confirm Matt Baxter as our final speaker. One half of the Baxter and Bailey agency, Matt is also a comic book artist and has curated a show for LDF looking at how London has been featured in an array of graphic novels.
Our other speakers include Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke, founders of Carmody Groarke architectural studio who will be discussing their RIBA award winning project The Filling Station in Kings Cross, while maverick curator, writer and artist Cedar Lewisohn – who’s curatorial credits include the Street Art and Rude Britannia shows for the Tate – will join us as well.
Gingerline will give a special insight to their pop-up dinning experiences which fuse food, design and adventure in secret locations along the East London Overground line (hence the name).
And once again we are offering up a three-minute slot for someone to come and talk about their own London-inspired project – email email@example.com if you’re up for it with a short proposal of what you’d like to cover.
So join us for an evening of insight and information into how this eclectic selection of creatives react and respond to contemporary London.
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Yoko Yuki takes us on a bizarre jaunt into town in this kaleidoscopic animation
- Director Nick Ahlmark captures the thrills of night riding for Vice and Samsung
- Airbnb launches its own in-house design studio, Samara
- Subway unveils redesigned logo and new symbol
- Neubau introduces its latest immaculately minimal typeface, NB Akademie
- PES creates an epic scale, long-exposure stop motion film for Honda
- Rio Olympics 2016: the creative projects inspired by the Games
- Erin M Riley’s hand-woven tapestries re-contextualise online pornography (NSFW)