Hot on the heels of the London Design Festival, Nicer Tuesdays returns to Shoreditch Studios next week to explore how London has been an inspiration for creative practices and projects. With this in mind, we’ve invited some fascinating speakers who have taken the city as subject and canvas in unique ways.
We are delighted to confirm Matt Baxter as our final speaker. One half of the Baxter and Bailey agency, Matt is also a comic book artist and has curated a show for LDF looking at how London has been featured in an array of graphic novels.
Our other speakers include Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke, founders of Carmody Groarke architectural studio who will be discussing their RIBA award winning project The Filling Station in Kings Cross, while maverick curator, writer and artist Cedar Lewisohn – who’s curatorial credits include the Street Art and Rude Britannia shows for the Tate – will join us as well.
Gingerline will give a special insight to their pop-up dinning experiences which fuse food, design and adventure in secret locations along the East London Overground line (hence the name).
And once again we are offering up a three-minute slot for someone to come and talk about their own London-inspired project – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re up for it with a short proposal of what you’d like to cover.
So join us for an evening of insight and information into how this eclectic selection of creatives react and respond to contemporary London.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations