Hot on the heels of the London Design Festival, Nicer Tuesdays returns to Shoreditch Studios next week to explore how London has been an inspiration for creative practices and projects. With this in mind, we’ve invited some fascinating speakers who have taken the city as subject and canvas in unique ways.
We are delighted to confirm Matt Baxter as our final speaker. One half of the Baxter and Bailey agency, Matt is also a comic book artist and has curated a show for LDF looking at how London has been featured in an array of graphic novels.
Our other speakers include Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke, founders of Carmody Groarke architectural studio who will be discussing their RIBA award winning project The Filling Station in Kings Cross, while maverick curator, writer and artist Cedar Lewisohn – who’s curatorial credits include the Street Art and Rude Britannia shows for the Tate – will join us as well.
Gingerline will give a special insight to their pop-up dinning experiences which fuse food, design and adventure in secret locations along the East London Overground line (hence the name).
And once again we are offering up a three-minute slot for someone to come and talk about their own London-inspired project – email email@example.com if you’re up for it with a short proposal of what you’d like to cover.
So join us for an evening of insight and information into how this eclectic selection of creatives react and respond to contemporary London.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"