Hot on the heels of the London Design Festival, Nicer Tuesdays returns to Shoreditch Studios next week to explore how London has been an inspiration for creative practices and projects. With this in mind, we’ve invited some fascinating speakers who have taken the city as subject and canvas in unique ways.
We are delighted to confirm Matt Baxter as our final speaker. One half of the Baxter and Bailey agency, Matt is also a comic book artist and has curated a show for LDF looking at how London has been featured in an array of graphic novels.
Our other speakers include Kevin Carmody and Andy Groarke, founders of Carmody Groarke architectural studio who will be discussing their RIBA award winning project The Filling Station in Kings Cross, while maverick curator, writer and artist Cedar Lewisohn – who’s curatorial credits include the Street Art and Rude Britannia shows for the Tate – will join us as well.
Gingerline will give a special insight to their pop-up dinning experiences which fuse food, design and adventure in secret locations along the East London Overground line (hence the name).
And once again we are offering up a three-minute slot for someone to come and talk about their own London-inspired project – email email@example.com if you’re up for it with a short proposal of what you’d like to cover.
So join us for an evening of insight and information into how this eclectic selection of creatives react and respond to contemporary London.
- We speak to the three creatives behind a Nigerian-focused editorial and film for Kenzo
- “The creative community has a powerful voice”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays
- Soshiki Hakase directs super cute music video that brings household objects to life
- Hardcore bands, basketball and You Tube experiments – introducing designer and illustrator Sam Bailey
- Is colour subjective? Disegno tests Johannes Itten’s colour theory
- The Book of Everyone: customisation isn’t simply slapping a name on a mug
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again