Whether it’s a new diet, a gruelling exercise regime or dry January, we know the first month of a new year can be tough. But help is at hand with the first Nicer Tuesdays of 2014!
This month we’ve invited four talented speakers who have been inspired by music to create brilliant and innovative visual projects. Returning once again to Downstairs at Mother London, we are also delighted to announce Park Communications our new Nicer Tuesdays sponsor.
We’ll be joined by legendary graphic designer Ben Drury whose influential art direction for Mo’Wax records created iconic visuals for the likes of Dizzee Rascal and DJ Shadow, and interdisciplinary design studio Us who have created stunning work for the likes of Thom Yorke, Foals, Dels, as well as receiving the Best New Directors award at the UK MVAs for Wiley’s Numbers In Action.
Also joining us will be innovative musician and composer Micachu to offer insights to the epic task of creating animated green-screen videos for every track on her latest album NEVER, and photographer Dan Wilton whose work with the likes of T.E.E.D, SBTRKT and James Blake has seen him emerge as a key chronicler of the contemporary music scene.
As ever the beers will be on us so banish January blues with a tip top night of creative inspiration!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- “My personal work informs everything that comes after it" and other bits we learned at September's Nicer Tuesdays
- Xiang Guan’s Symbiotic Objects require a human component
- Alex Fergusson on the provocative and powerful nature of surface graphics
- Bendik Kaltenborn talks us through his retrospective book, collating ten years worth of work
- Meet music-obsessed graphic designer François Boulo
- César Pelizer’s 2D and 3D experiments are full of humour and imagination
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books