Whether it’s a new diet, a gruelling exercise regime or dry January, we know the first month of a new year can be tough. But help is at hand with the first Nicer Tuesdays of 2014!
This month we’ve invited four talented speakers who have been inspired by music to create brilliant and innovative visual projects. Returning once again to Downstairs at Mother London, we are also delighted to announce Park Communications our new Nicer Tuesdays sponsor.
We’ll be joined by legendary graphic designer Ben Drury whose influential art direction for Mo’Wax records created iconic visuals for the likes of Dizzee Rascal and DJ Shadow, and interdisciplinary design studio Us who have created stunning work for the likes of Thom Yorke, Foals, Dels, as well as receiving the Best New Directors award at the UK MVAs for Wiley’s Numbers In Action.
Also joining us will be innovative musician and composer Micachu to offer insights to the epic task of creating animated green-screen videos for every track on her latest album NEVER, and photographer Dan Wilton whose work with the likes of T.E.E.D, SBTRKT and James Blake has seen him emerge as a key chronicler of the contemporary music scene.
As ever the beers will be on us so banish January blues with a tip top night of creative inspiration!
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)