This month’s Nicer Tuesdays returns to downstairs at Mother for a night of inspirational talks on the theme of participation. From immersing the public in convincing fictions, to engaging strangers in the creation of new work – we’ve asked four creatives who actively encourage participation to offer us insights to their fascinating projects.
Speakers include internationally acclaimed theatre company Punchdrunk, who will be joining us to talk about their pioneering approach to audience immersion, and co-founder of aberrant architecture Kevin Haley, whose socially engaged design projects include inviting the public inside the smallest performance venue in the world!
Also joining us is photographer Sipke Visser, who will explain how his Aperture Photobook Award nominated project Return to Sender engaged random strangers in conversation, and creative director Matthew Knight to tell us about his global photography experiment The Disposable Memory Project, and what happens when you give 100 cameras to 100 people aged between one and 100.
As always at Nicer Tuesdays the beer’s on us as well, so come down and get involved in an evening all about getting involved.
Nicer Tuesdays takes place on Tuesday November 26 – get your tickets now!
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale