This month’s Nicer Tuesdays returns to downstairs at Mother for a night of inspirational talks on the theme of participation. From immersing the public in convincing fictions, to engaging strangers in the creation of new work – we’ve asked four creatives who actively encourage participation to offer us insights to their fascinating projects.
Speakers include internationally acclaimed theatre company Punchdrunk, who will be joining us to talk about their pioneering approach to audience immersion, and co-founder of aberrant architecture Kevin Haley, whose socially engaged design projects include inviting the public inside the smallest performance venue in the world!
Also joining us is photographer Sipke Visser, who will explain how his Aperture Photobook Award nominated project Return to Sender engaged random strangers in conversation, and creative director Matthew Knight to tell us about his global photography experiment The Disposable Memory Project, and what happens when you give 100 cameras to 100 people aged between one and 100.
As always at Nicer Tuesdays the beer’s on us as well, so come down and get involved in an evening all about getting involved.
Nicer Tuesdays takes place on Tuesday November 26 – get your tickets now!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages