This month’s Nicer Tuesdays returns to downstairs at Mother for a night of inspirational talks on the theme of participation. From immersing the public in convincing fictions, to engaging strangers in the creation of new work – we’ve asked four creatives who actively encourage participation to offer us insights to their fascinating projects.
Speakers include internationally acclaimed theatre company Punchdrunk, who will be joining us to talk about their pioneering approach to audience immersion, and co-founder of aberrant architecture Kevin Haley, whose socially engaged design projects include inviting the public inside the smallest performance venue in the world!
Also joining us is photographer Sipke Visser, who will explain how his Aperture Photobook Award nominated project Return to Sender engaged random strangers in conversation, and creative director Matthew Knight to tell us about his global photography experiment The Disposable Memory Project, and what happens when you give 100 cameras to 100 people aged between one and 100.
As always at Nicer Tuesdays the beer’s on us as well, so come down and get involved in an evening all about getting involved.
Nicer Tuesdays takes place on Tuesday November 26 – get your tickets now!
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf