This month’s Nicer Tuesdays returns to downstairs at Mother for a night of inspirational talks on the theme of participation. From immersing the public in convincing fictions, to engaging strangers in the creation of new work – we’ve asked four creatives who actively encourage participation to offer us insights to their fascinating projects.
Speakers include internationally acclaimed theatre company Punchdrunk, who will be joining us to talk about their pioneering approach to audience immersion, and co-founder of aberrant architecture Kevin Haley, whose socially engaged design projects include inviting the public inside the smallest performance venue in the world!
Also joining us is photographer Sipke Visser, who will explain how his Aperture Photobook Award nominated project Return to Sender engaged random strangers in conversation, and creative director Matthew Knight to tell us about his global photography experiment The Disposable Memory Project, and what happens when you give 100 cameras to 100 people aged between one and 100.
As always at Nicer Tuesdays the beer’s on us as well, so come down and get involved in an evening all about getting involved.
Nicer Tuesdays takes place on Tuesday November 26 – get your tickets now!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”