This month’s Nicer Tuesdays returns to downstairs at Mother for a night of inspirational talks on the theme of participation. From immersing the public in convincing fictions, to engaging strangers in the creation of new work – we’ve asked four creatives who actively encourage participation to offer us insights to their fascinating projects.
Speakers include internationally acclaimed theatre company Punchdrunk, who will be joining us to talk about their pioneering approach to audience immersion, and co-founder of aberrant architecture Kevin Haley, whose socially engaged design projects include inviting the public inside the smallest performance venue in the world!
Also joining us is photographer Sipke Visser, who will explain how his Aperture Photobook Award nominated project Return to Sender engaged random strangers in conversation, and creative director Matthew Knight to tell us about his global photography experiment The Disposable Memory Project, and what happens when you give 100 cameras to 100 people aged between one and 100.
As always at Nicer Tuesdays the beer’s on us as well, so come down and get involved in an evening all about getting involved.
Nicer Tuesdays takes place on Tuesday November 26 – get your tickets now!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016