Our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications is going where no monthly art and design talks event has ever gone before, with an outer space themed evening now ready for lift-off.
The final frontier has long fascinated creatives and inspired a whole host of projects as proved by our four brilliant speakers. Nelly Ben Hayoun is an experiential designer who has long explored projects that orbit the science world; she will be talking about her latest ambitious undertaking Disaster Playground which investigates the very edges of space fiction. Also joining us will be illustrator and art director Ben Newman who will be talking about his hit children’s book Professor Astro Cat’s Frontiers of Space, a ridiculously fun introduction to some of the wonders the universe has to offer.
Innovative independent studio super/collider have been exploring science from a pop cultural standpoint since 2006; editor Chris Hatherill will be telling us about Apollo 77, a celebration of the lesser-known photographs taken by astronauts down the decades, while Hefin Jones of the Welsh Space Campaign will explain why sending his compatriots into outer space aims to provide “a cosmic context for Welsh culture, skills and traditions.”
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of extraterrestrial insight and inspirations.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages