It wouldn’t be right for March to come and go without having another Nice Wednesdays. Don’t worry if you missed out last month, we’ve got another cracking evening planned at Shoreditch Studios and we’d love for you to join us.
We’ve invited speakers to explore the theme of environments and spaces from a variety of perspectives and give snappy 10 minute talks sharing their stories and insights. We’re really excited about this one! Jono Stevens, founder of Black Cab Sessions, will explore the innovative music platform which hosts interviews and live sessions with the likes of Martha Wainwright and Hot Chip on-the-go in taxis.
Edward Shuster, co-founder of Invisible Structures will share his story, from meeting his business partner at a protest up a tree to taking on sustainable architectural projects developed with leading designers and engineers from the Eden Project.
Simon Jordan, head of Jump Studios – specialising in high-concept interiors, installations and architectural design for clients like Red Bull and Google – will explore the ingredients for creating successful work environments, while the V&A’s contemporary curators, Laurie Britton Newell and Ligaya Salazar, will look ahead to the highly-anticipated exhibition Memory Palace opening in June.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three minute talk on the same theme – for more details click here.
Remember tickets were snapped up in hours so don’t delay – we hope to see you there!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages