It wouldn’t be right for March to come and go without having another Nice Wednesdays. Don’t worry if you missed out last month, we’ve got another cracking evening planned at Shoreditch Studios and we’d love for you to join us.
We’ve invited speakers to explore the theme of environments and spaces from a variety of perspectives and give snappy 10 minute talks sharing their stories and insights. We’re really excited about this one! Jono Stevens, founder of Black Cab Sessions, will explore the innovative music platform which hosts interviews and live sessions with the likes of Martha Wainwright and Hot Chip on-the-go in taxis.
Edward Shuster, co-founder of Invisible Structures will share his story, from meeting his business partner at a protest up a tree to taking on sustainable architectural projects developed with leading designers and engineers from the Eden Project.
Simon Jordan, head of Jump Studios – specialising in high-concept interiors, installations and architectural design for clients like Red Bull and Google – will explore the ingredients for creating successful work environments, while the V&A’s contemporary curators, Laurie Britton Newell and Ligaya Salazar, will look ahead to the highly-anticipated exhibition Memory Palace opening in June.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three minute talk on the same theme – for more details click here.
Remember tickets were snapped up in hours so don’t delay – we hope to see you there!
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale