It wouldn’t be right for March to come and go without having another Nice Wednesdays. Don’t worry if you missed out last month, we’ve got another cracking evening planned at Shoreditch Studios and we’d love for you to join us.
We’ve invited speakers to explore the theme of environments and spaces from a variety of perspectives and give snappy 10 minute talks sharing their stories and insights. We’re really excited about this one! Jono Stevens, founder of Black Cab Sessions, will explore the innovative music platform which hosts interviews and live sessions with the likes of Martha Wainwright and Hot Chip on-the-go in taxis.
Edward Shuster, co-founder of Invisible Structures will share his story, from meeting his business partner at a protest up a tree to taking on sustainable architectural projects developed with leading designers and engineers from the Eden Project.
Simon Jordan, head of Jump Studios – specialising in high-concept interiors, installations and architectural design for clients like Red Bull and Google – will explore the ingredients for creating successful work environments, while the V&A’s contemporary curators, Laurie Britton Newell and Ligaya Salazar, will look ahead to the highly-anticipated exhibition Memory Palace opening in June.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three minute talk on the same theme – for more details click here.
Remember tickets were snapped up in hours so don’t delay – we hope to see you there!
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations