It wouldn’t be right for March to come and go without having another Nice Wednesdays. Don’t worry if you missed out last month, we’ve got another cracking evening planned at Shoreditch Studios and we’d love for you to join us.
We’ve invited speakers to explore the theme of environments and spaces from a variety of perspectives and give snappy 10 minute talks sharing their stories and insights. We’re really excited about this one! Jono Stevens, founder of Black Cab Sessions, will explore the innovative music platform which hosts interviews and live sessions with the likes of Martha Wainwright and Hot Chip on-the-go in taxis.
Edward Shuster, co-founder of Invisible Structures will share his story, from meeting his business partner at a protest up a tree to taking on sustainable architectural projects developed with leading designers and engineers from the Eden Project.
Simon Jordan, head of Jump Studios – specialising in high-concept interiors, installations and architectural design for clients like Red Bull and Google – will explore the ingredients for creating successful work environments, while the V&A’s contemporary curators, Laurie Britton Newell and Ligaya Salazar, will look ahead to the highly-anticipated exhibition Memory Palace opening in June.
We’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three minute talk on the same theme – for more details click here.
Remember tickets were snapped up in hours so don’t delay – we hope to see you there!
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- David Wilson directs deeply moving film B.E.N. about using AI robots to tackle loneliness
- Art and About: Charlotte Trounce celebrates the architectural beauty of museums and galleries
- Riikka Laakso’s screenprinted zine is a tribute to Moomin author Tove Jansson
- Sandy Van Helden’s illustrations of contemporary culture
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Juan Aballe’s photographs of pastoral landscapes filled with wanderlust
- Exclusive first interview with new UK Vice.com editor Jamie Clifton