There must be something in the water at the moment, because the amount of super sexy magazines unashamedly taking otherwise “ssshhh”-ed topics and placing them on double page spreads is eye-widening. Not many, on the other hand, are doing it as well as Folch Studio continue to.
The third issue of Odiseo magazine, the sexy publication released biannually by the Spanish design store, is beautifully designed, and boasts articles full of content as interesting as the images are – which is quite something for a magazine which happily places itself in the Adult Entertainment section, isn’t it? Here’s hoping more publishers will follow Folch’s lead in partnering erotic photographers with articles that are equally compelling…
- "Finding new ideas is about breaking the cycle”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays February
- Nelly Ben Hayoun takes us 1,750 metres underground
- March Diary: where to go and what to see
- My First: a closer look at designer Bruce Usher and illustrator Antti Kalevi's book, I Can Speak With Shapes
- Bill Rebholz’s lengthy illustrations full of shapely narratives
- Anthony Burrill’s new book urges you to Make It Now!
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process