There must be something in the water at the moment, because the amount of super sexy magazines unashamedly taking otherwise “ssshhh”-ed topics and placing them on double page spreads is eye-widening. Not many, on the other hand, are doing it as well as Folch Studio continue to.
The third issue of Odiseo magazine, the sexy publication released biannually by the Spanish design store, is beautifully designed, and boasts articles full of content as interesting as the images are – which is quite something for a magazine which happily places itself in the Adult Entertainment section, isn’t it? Here’s hoping more publishers will follow Folch’s lead in partnering erotic photographers with articles that are equally compelling…
- Camelot’s typefaces bring both the contemporary and historical to the table
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Thibault's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale