Last weekend we were honoured to be invited to speak at Dublin’s OFFSET festival; a three-day feast of creative insight and inspiration. More than 2,000 people flocked to the Irish capital for talks, panel discussions and live interviews and it was amazing to be part of a line-up that included the likes of Jessica Walsh, Marian Bantjes, Marina Willer, Richard Turley, Mike Perry, Richard Mosse and Jon Burgerman.
The OFFSET team manage to strike the perfect balance between seriously talented creatives like those mentioned above and a warm, laid-back and collaborative atmosphere which is a special thing to be a part of. It was great to meet so many people and a big thanks to everyone who came to our talk on Saturday!
There’s plenty of good in-depth coverage around by the likes of Creative Review and Creative Bloq but here’s just a few examples of the work shown on stage that tickled our fancy, and look out for dedicated posts on a couple of the speakers coming up tomorrow…
Golden Wolf: Cast Software
Richard Mosse: Nowhere To Run, South Kivu, Eastern Congo, 2010
Sagmeister & Walsh: Airzone
Detail: Biorhythm for The Science Gallery
Mother London: Irish themed intro video created specially for Offset 2014
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio