I know the trend for men these days is a long-on-top-and-short-on-the-sides, but to me a mullet and a moustache truly is the sign of a real man. Look at these footballers’ sweaty brows; a toxic lather of sweat and wet-look gel accumulating on their foreheads. This archive of serious sports hunks is Old School Panini, a blog set up by Alexandre Bourouf who, after finding his old Panini football sticker album decided to start seriously collecting these gems from yore.
I don’t know much about football, but I do know that this is yet another example of how the olden days are better than the present. Fact. Check out his blog for fun facts and history about the players from the golden era of football.
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity