I know the trend for men these days is a long-on-top-and-short-on-the-sides, but to me a mullet and a moustache truly is the sign of a real man. Look at these footballers’ sweaty brows; a toxic lather of sweat and wet-look gel accumulating on their foreheads. This archive of serious sports hunks is Old School Panini, a blog set up by Alexandre Bourouf who, after finding his old Panini football sticker album decided to start seriously collecting these gems from yore.
I don’t know much about football, but I do know that this is yet another example of how the olden days are better than the present. Fact. Check out his blog for fun facts and history about the players from the golden era of football.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU