I know the trend for men these days is a long-on-top-and-short-on-the-sides, but to me a mullet and a moustache truly is the sign of a real man. Look at these footballers’ sweaty brows; a toxic lather of sweat and wet-look gel accumulating on their foreheads. This archive of serious sports hunks is Old School Panini, a blog set up by Alexandre Bourouf who, after finding his old Panini football sticker album decided to start seriously collecting these gems from yore.
I don’t know much about football, but I do know that this is yet another example of how the olden days are better than the present. Fact. Check out his blog for fun facts and history about the players from the golden era of football.
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Casper Balslev shows ballerinas wielding AK-47s in his ad for the Royal Danish Theatre
- An unusual custom typeface and great layouts for new print mag Migrant
- Bold, minimal-leaning graphic design from hot new studio Vrints-Kolsteren
- Daniel Savage’s monochrome animation plays with geometry and space
- Waverly Labs launches an earpiece that translates languages in real time
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- Milton Glaser: we talk drawing, ethics, Shakespeare and Trump with the graphic design legend
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys
- Should designers specialise early, or have a “portfolio career”?