I know the trend for men these days is a long-on-top-and-short-on-the-sides, but to me a mullet and a moustache truly is the sign of a real man. Look at these footballers’ sweaty brows; a toxic lather of sweat and wet-look gel accumulating on their foreheads. This archive of serious sports hunks is Old School Panini, a blog set up by Alexandre Bourouf who, after finding his old Panini football sticker album decided to start seriously collecting these gems from yore.
I don’t know much about football, but I do know that this is yet another example of how the olden days are better than the present. Fact. Check out his blog for fun facts and history about the players from the golden era of football.
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Mattis Dovier’s weird and wonderful 8-bit dot animation for XXX’s music video
- Jessica Lehrman's photographic document of social revolution, Black Lives Matter and Occupy Wall Street
- Zoe Kao and Huang Wun-Siang find inspiration in the uncertainty of the design process
- Documenting the world in motion: Lauren Tamaki’s illustrations of modern life
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale