Everyone loves Olly Moss, and do you know why? Because he’s one of the only graphic designers out there who makes genuinely good homages to pop culture. Remember his Star Wars posters that made the knees of every nerd in the country knock together in wonder? He did those. Remember the spectacularly clever Oscars diagram where every Best Film winner was represented as an award? He did that too.
So now for Olly’s latest venture — a set of plates designed in the willow pattern style of yore. Like the ancient originals, these plates are adorned with heroes and legendary stories. For Olly though, the legendary stories he wanted to portray were the ones the gamers among us can completely relate to — the tales from Zelda: Link’s Awakening and some early GameBoy Pokemon scenes. Hats off to you Olly, this is hands-down the coolest and nerdiest thing we’ve seen all year. Please say they’re for sale.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)