Everyone loves Olly Moss, and do you know why? Because he’s one of the only graphic designers out there who makes genuinely good homages to pop culture. Remember his Star Wars posters that made the knees of every nerd in the country knock together in wonder? He did those. Remember the spectacularly clever Oscars diagram where every Best Film winner was represented as an award? He did that too.
So now for Olly’s latest venture — a set of plates designed in the willow pattern style of yore. Like the ancient originals, these plates are adorned with heroes and legendary stories. For Olly though, the legendary stories he wanted to portray were the ones the gamers among us can completely relate to — the tales from Zelda: Link’s Awakening and some early GameBoy Pokemon scenes. Hats off to you Olly, this is hands-down the coolest and nerdiest thing we’ve seen all year. Please say they’re for sale.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant