The first talk in the series, On [Digital Experience], sold out in a matter of days, but if you missed tickets fear not, we’ve got another great talk coming up this month: On [Motivation]. Join us and legendary illustrator Mr Bingo, multi-award winning creator Morag Myerscough, and Sam Bompas, co-founder of culinary duo Bompas and Parr, and discover what motivates, and inspires them.
On [Motivation] synopses
Mr Bingo will reveal how he discovered his creative side at an early age, citing experiences from school to bad jobs, which shaped his work. The eccentric and eclectic designer, Morag Myerscough will explore what she loves and hates: being stimulated by her surroundings, making up stories, an appreciation of scale and intoxication / obsession with colour. Sam Bompas will take us on a food adventure, stopping along the way to discuss flooding a Grade I listed building with four tonnes of alcoholic punch, creating a breathable cloud of gin and tonic and charting the complete history of food. The session will end with a short discussion involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Motivation] will be held on 28th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Smart, funny and expertly executed party posters from German designer Mark Bohle
- Vice, despair and a bafflingly fertile imagination from Brooklyn-based Milton Melvin Croissant III
- A focus on typography in Ghent-based designer Corbin Mahieu's updated portfolio
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web