The first talk in the series, On [Digital Experience], sold out in a matter of days, but if you missed tickets fear not, we’ve got another great talk coming up this month: On [Motivation]. Join us and legendary illustrator Mr Bingo, multi-award winning creator Morag Myerscough, and Sam Bompas, co-founder of culinary duo Bompas and Parr, and discover what motivates, and inspires them.
On [Motivation] synopses
Mr Bingo will reveal how he discovered his creative side at an early age, citing experiences from school to bad jobs, which shaped his work. The eccentric and eclectic designer, Morag Myerscough will explore what she loves and hates: being stimulated by her surroundings, making up stories, an appreciation of scale and intoxication / obsession with colour. Sam Bompas will take us on a food adventure, stopping along the way to discuss flooding a Grade I listed building with four tonnes of alcoholic punch, creating a breathable cloud of gin and tonic and charting the complete history of food. The session will end with a short discussion involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Motivation] will be held on 28th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc