The first talk in the series, On [Digital Experience], sold out in a matter of days, but if you missed tickets fear not, we’ve got another great talk coming up this month: On [Motivation]. Join us and legendary illustrator Mr Bingo, multi-award winning creator Morag Myerscough, and Sam Bompas, co-founder of culinary duo Bompas and Parr, and discover what motivates, and inspires them.
On [Motivation] synopses
Mr Bingo will reveal how he discovered his creative side at an early age, citing experiences from school to bad jobs, which shaped his work. The eccentric and eclectic designer, Morag Myerscough will explore what she loves and hates: being stimulated by her surroundings, making up stories, an appreciation of scale and intoxication / obsession with colour. Sam Bompas will take us on a food adventure, stopping along the way to discuss flooding a Grade I listed building with four tonnes of alcoholic punch, creating a breathable cloud of gin and tonic and charting the complete history of food. The session will end with a short discussion involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Motivation] will be held on 28th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Brooklyn-based Jyan Ku’s naive pastel works are oddly charming
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again