If you’re lucky enough to find yourself in Stockholm between February 4 and 8 then you’re in for a bit of a treat. Local designers, artists and craftspeople of Örnsberg are coming together for the first time to launch their very own artist-operated auction house, the Örnsbergsauktionen, where they’ll be selling an enormous range of covetable work.
This is exciting news for two main reasons. Firstly, the designers involved have bypassed any exclusive, expensive auction houses and are going to take home all the profits form the process (big news if you specialise in hand-crafted stools) but also the work on display is batshit crazy and beautiful in equal measure. If you’re in the market for bangles decorated with stunning textures, stools that appear to have been fashioned from viscous liquids or a pastel-shade glass crystal (you KNOW you want one) then this is the auction for you.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August