If you’re lucky enough to find yourself in Stockholm between February 4 and 8 then you’re in for a bit of a treat. Local designers, artists and craftspeople of Örnsberg are coming together for the first time to launch their very own artist-operated auction house, the Örnsbergsauktionen, where they’ll be selling an enormous range of covetable work.
This is exciting news for two main reasons. Firstly, the designers involved have bypassed any exclusive, expensive auction houses and are going to take home all the profits form the process (big news if you specialise in hand-crafted stools) but also the work on display is batshit crazy and beautiful in equal measure. If you’re in the market for bangles decorated with stunning textures, stools that appear to have been fashioned from viscous liquids or a pastel-shade glass crystal (you KNOW you want one) then this is the auction for you.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages