Our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore a range of brilliant creative projects inspired by travel.
Speaking at this month’s event is award-winning reportage-artist Olivier Kugler whose incredible, illustrated journeys include a trek through the jungles of Laos with an elephant doctor and traversing Iran by truck, and Chris Vickers of She Was Only design studio will join us to talk about the challenges of designing Boat Magazine, a travel publication that moves city every issue
Also joining us is filmmaker James Aiken to offer insights to the creative process behind his stunning anthropological studies, most recently following an Icelandic sailor and a Greenlandic hunter to explore how their lives are defined by the environment in which they live, and Chris Coe, founder of Travel Photographer of the Year will talk us through some of the amazing images he has exhibited since setting up the prestigious award 10 years ago.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of inspirational talks on travel.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Hans der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality