Our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore a range of brilliant creative projects inspired by travel.
Speaking at this month’s event is award-winning reportage-artist Olivier Kugler whose incredible, illustrated journeys include a trek through the jungles of Laos with an elephant doctor and traversing Iran by truck, and Chris Vickers of She Was Only design studio will join us to talk about the challenges of designing Boat Magazine, a travel publication that moves city every issue
Also joining us is filmmaker James Aiken to offer insights to the creative process behind his stunning anthropological studies, most recently following an Icelandic sailor and a Greenlandic hunter to explore how their lives are defined by the environment in which they live, and Chris Coe, founder of Travel Photographer of the Year will talk us through some of the amazing images he has exhibited since setting up the prestigious award 10 years ago.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of inspirational talks on travel.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s