Our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore a range of brilliant creative projects inspired by travel.
Speaking at this month’s event is award-winning reportage-artist Olivier Kugler whose incredible, illustrated journeys include a trek through the jungles of Laos with an elephant doctor and traversing Iran by truck, and Chris Vickers of She Was Only design studio will join us to talk about the challenges of designing Boat Magazine, a travel publication that moves city every issue
Also joining us is filmmaker James Aiken to offer insights to the creative process behind his stunning anthropological studies, most recently following an Icelandic sailor and a Greenlandic hunter to explore how their lives are defined by the environment in which they live, and Chris Coe, founder of Travel Photographer of the Year will talk us through some of the amazing images he has exhibited since setting up the prestigious award 10 years ago.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of inspirational talks on travel.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting