Our next Nicer Tuesdays supported by Park Communications will explore a range of brilliant creative projects inspired by travel.
Speaking at this month’s event is award-winning reportage-artist Olivier Kugler whose incredible, illustrated journeys include a trek through the jungles of Laos with an elephant doctor and traversing Iran by truck, and Chris Vickers of She Was Only design studio will join us to talk about the challenges of designing Boat Magazine, a travel publication that moves city every issue
Also joining us is filmmaker James Aiken to offer insights to the creative process behind his stunning anthropological studies, most recently following an Icelandic sailor and a Greenlandic hunter to explore how their lives are defined by the environment in which they live, and Chris Coe, founder of Travel Photographer of the Year will talk us through some of the amazing images he has exhibited since setting up the prestigious award 10 years ago.
As ever the beers will be on us, so come on down for an evening of inspirational talks on travel.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project