Here’s a fun fact to definitely not make you feel old: The Lion King came out 19 years ago. Since then, in my own humble opinion, the quality of Disney’s productions hasn’t quite reached a similar standard. Until, that is, today when we came across this utterly mesmerising short film entitled Paperman straight from Walt Disney Studios themselves. The way they capture you is by no means groundbreaking, but is a surefire way to get you all weepy and slushy on a Wednesday morning.
So, two good-looking, normal people meet on their commute, fall in love instantly, and then communicate using not email, not text, not Instagram, but good old paper planes. A two fingers up to modern technology whilst simultaneously being an affectionate nod to the Disney characters of yore (I swear he looks like Aladdin?!) this is nothing short of an absolute delight in craft and in storyline — the Disney style we know and love is back, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Above is only the trailer, but you can see the full, 6 minute version here.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood