Oh Part & Parcel, I can just imagine what it’s like to work for you. A nice little studio in New York, beers after work, antics on a roof terrace, a little shelf of comic books, good looking bearded friends asking if they can leave their bike in the studio for a bit (which, of course, they can). Okay, well who knows what it’s like in Part & Parcel but judging by their superb, growing selection of happy animations, videos, comics – life’s pretty good.
We actually posted about their work back in early 2011, so we were keen to find out what they had been up to since. It turns out they have a few new fantastic, lovingly created projects that not only reflect their style and outlook on the world of design, but they are also made for some very hefty clients including Nike, Ford and The New York Times. These guys are setting a great example of how to be awesome, whilst still maintaining strong values and the enviable skill of being able to continually pick the perfect people to collaborate with.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris