It takes a seriously design-oriented brain to be able to count illustration, art direction, photography, video and graphic design among its gifts, but Paulo Melo does so. The jack of all trades has proven the “master of none” part of that fabled expression to be entirely untrue, as he really does have fingers in several creative pies.
We were particularly taken with this collection of images for Catalogue de Paris, in which he splices fashion photography with shards of vibrant colour, creating graphic images with a strong visual aesthetic but without detracting from the impact of the clothes. You can take a look at the rest of his bountiful portfolio here.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf