Resident at London’s Pick Me Up right now are illustration stalwarts Peepshow. Within their allotted spot they have constructed the Museum of Objects & Origins, an ambitious collection of artefacts from an imagined illustrative civilisation complete with costumes, curiosities and hand-made cabinets. Alongside their own contributions are continued additions from daily workshops that create a growing display from the budding archaeologists and ethnographers passing through Somerset House (tasks include identifying unidentifiable remains and creating portraits of historical figures via verbal descriptions). Lovely lots!
The graphic design for the museum was provided by StudioEMMI.
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Nora Sturges’ clean and simple paintings using the unusual medium of eggs
- “A small Japanese photographer is on the same page of great photographers!”: Piczo joins WeFolk
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages