Resident at London’s Pick Me Up right now are illustration stalwarts Peepshow. Within their allotted spot they have constructed the Museum of Objects & Origins, an ambitious collection of artefacts from an imagined illustrative civilisation complete with costumes, curiosities and hand-made cabinets. Alongside their own contributions are continued additions from daily workshops that create a growing display from the budding archaeologists and ethnographers passing through Somerset House (tasks include identifying unidentifiable remains and creating portraits of historical figures via verbal descriptions). Lovely lots!
The graphic design for the museum was provided by StudioEMMI.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again