Here’s something unexpected for a Thursday morning, remember Canadian Rock star Bryan Adams? Remember him being all sexy and nice in Sherwood Forest and remaining in the UK number one spot for 16 weeks with wedding anthem Everything I do, I do it for you? And then later blowing us away with potentially the best duet – and certainly best karaoke classic – Baby When You’re Gone with Mel C? Anyway, let’s get to the point.
Since smashing his way through those hits back in the 90s, you’d have quite rightly assumed he’d have been chilling on his private island with some rare animals right about now but NO! He’s been carving his name out in the ridiculously competitive fashion photography industry and has snapped some of the world’s top models for high-end magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Zoo. If you clicked through to this article thinking you were going to have a bit of a cringe, think again, these images are really, really great. Check out the rather beautiful book he’s recently published of wounded British soldiers too. Jeez this man’s talented. Go Bryan!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages