Here’s something unexpected for a Thursday morning, remember Canadian Rock star Bryan Adams? Remember him being all sexy and nice in Sherwood Forest and remaining in the UK number one spot for 16 weeks with wedding anthem Everything I do, I do it for you? And then later blowing us away with potentially the best duet – and certainly best karaoke classic – Baby When You’re Gone with Mel C? Anyway, let’s get to the point.
Since smashing his way through those hits back in the 90s, you’d have quite rightly assumed he’d have been chilling on his private island with some rare animals right about now but NO! He’s been carving his name out in the ridiculously competitive fashion photography industry and has snapped some of the world’s top models for high-end magazines such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and Zoo. If you clicked through to this article thinking you were going to have a bit of a cringe, think again, these images are really, really great. Check out the rather beautiful book he’s recently published of wounded British soldiers too. Jeez this man’s talented. Go Bryan!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery