What we’d give to sip on the youth elixir that Ryan McGinley quite clearly has an infinite supply of in his bag. You can imagine him in a van packed with fun youths, chatting excitedly and joking around, on their way to a meadow to spend a few days camping and photographing, somersaulting out of barns and running naked through tall grass. The words ‘one trick pony’ have been bandied about surrounding McGinley’s work of late, but I think this is merely overlooking the fact that he’s found his niche and he’s sticking to it. Who else can capture frivolity, raw beauty and the natural electricity that runs through life with the same celebratory joy as Ryan? No one, I don’t think.
You can see Body Loud Ryan’s new collection of photographs at Galerie Perrotin in Paris until 11 January 2014
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan