“Summer summer summertime,” sung The Fresh Prince’s backing singers in his smash hit song, Summertime. Why? Because he freakin’ loves summertime – and so do we!
To celebrate the arrival of our favourite season we crammed our Summer issue full of fantastic art and design-related content, questioning Eike König about the objects that define him, investigating the growing trend of theatrical catwalk shows and touring the studios of some of the world’s finest children’s illustrators. We caught up with revolutionary artist Duke Riley to find out why it’s important to take huge risks, spoke to David Pearson about the best book covers of his career and learned that Marian Bantjes doesn’t understand the latest craze for beards.
Shit Girls Say’s Graydon Sheppard apologises to an old school friend, Eric Yahnker waxes lyrical on the highs and lows of American politics and we find out more about the career of Don Hunstein, a man who’s spent his life creating some of the most iconic imagery in rock ‘n’ roll history. We also gave Rami Niemi 16 pages to write an original comic that references each of the seven key themes in fiction. You can’t say fairer than that!
To lay your hand upon your very own copy head over to the Company of Parrots shop now!
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016