Because we’re a nice bunch of young twenty-somethings and we like nothing more than meeting people in person and sluicing back a few mid-week drinks we decided it might not be a bad idea to have a little bit of a party to celebrate the launch of the Winter issue of Printed Pages. So we had a word with our friends at the Goodhood store, put some beers on ice and piled the free magazines high for an evening of festive cheer.
All of this issue’s fantastic talent came down to wet the mag’s head alongside a bunch of old friends and collaborators, plus we made a whole heap of new friends in the process. So thank you all for being there, and for those of you who couldn’t make it we’ll be sure to get a few more of you down next time. Here’s to another great issue!
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf