What a joy it is to come into It’s Nice That and have a filthy, hardback comic book that you’ve been waiting patiently for for what feels like FOREVER sat on your desk. Forming II is the brainchild of Jesse Moynihan, infamous comic book creator and storyboarder for widely-loved cartoon, Adventure Time. For some reason I personally cannot get into the latter, but the former I love with all of my heart.
Forming was a strange voyage to the future where animals, aliens, creatures and kind-of-humans struggled with life and its ups and downs in a hilarious and visually arresting way, Forming II is no different. It’s about friendship, hardship and most other good ships, and opens with chilled-out character Iapetus’ face getting a rash and a robot in his mirror trying to fix it, but accidentally melting it – talk about start as you mean to go on. Swearwords, juicy and hilarious sex scenes and some stoner jargon, not to mention utterly brilliant artwork, this is the perfect comic book and should be read by anybody who digs anything. Can’t frigging wait for Forming III.
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Bureau David Voss creates Bauhaus-inspired book about modern housekeeping
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant