What a joy it is to come into It’s Nice That and have a filthy, hardback comic book that you’ve been waiting patiently for for what feels like FOREVER sat on your desk. Forming II is the brainchild of Jesse Moynihan, infamous comic book creator and storyboarder for widely-loved cartoon, Adventure Time. For some reason I personally cannot get into the latter, but the former I love with all of my heart.
Forming was a strange voyage to the future where animals, aliens, creatures and kind-of-humans struggled with life and its ups and downs in a hilarious and visually arresting way, Forming II is no different. It’s about friendship, hardship and most other good ships, and opens with chilled-out character Iapetus’ face getting a rash and a robot in his mirror trying to fix it, but accidentally melting it – talk about start as you mean to go on. Swearwords, juicy and hilarious sex scenes and some stoner jargon, not to mention utterly brilliant artwork, this is the perfect comic book and should be read by anybody who digs anything. Can’t frigging wait for Forming III.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf