What a joy it is to come into It’s Nice That and have a filthy, hardback comic book that you’ve been waiting patiently for for what feels like FOREVER sat on your desk. Forming II is the brainchild of Jesse Moynihan, infamous comic book creator and storyboarder for widely-loved cartoon, Adventure Time. For some reason I personally cannot get into the latter, but the former I love with all of my heart.
Forming was a strange voyage to the future where animals, aliens, creatures and kind-of-humans struggled with life and its ups and downs in a hilarious and visually arresting way, Forming II is no different. It’s about friendship, hardship and most other good ships, and opens with chilled-out character Iapetus’ face getting a rash and a robot in his mirror trying to fix it, but accidentally melting it – talk about start as you mean to go on. Swearwords, juicy and hilarious sex scenes and some stoner jargon, not to mention utterly brilliant artwork, this is the perfect comic book and should be read by anybody who digs anything. Can’t frigging wait for Forming III.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU