First storming onto shelves in 2009 and sending other biannual titles flying in a cloud of mediocrity in the process, INDUSTRIE is a fashion publication that turns the lens around on an industry obsessed with its final product. Focussing not on models, shows and glossy ad campaigns but on the stylists, editors, designers, photographers and business-types who have a hand in creating them, the publication cites itself as the first about the culture of fashion, and founders Erik Torstensson and Jens Grede have made mighty sure that only the most exciting, influential and rarely-seen subjects grace its pages.
Past covers have starred Marc Jacobs dressed in drag (or rather, in pieces from super-stylist Katie Grand’s archive of Louis Vuitton), a cheeky self-portrait by photography power couple Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, and a stern Haider Ackermann photographed by Juergen Teller. Issue 6, whose cover stars the new industry favourite Cara Delevingne photographed by Alasdair McLellan, takes influence as its theme, and if previous issues are anything to go by there are great things to be expected from it.
Issue six of INDUSTRIE magazine will be available from September 5.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August