Spanish creative studio Querida creates work that in many ways reflects Barcelona, the city it inhabits. A mix of the classic and contemporary, the digital and physical, Querida multitasks creatively, creating website designs, numerous publications and branding projects.
A recent project from the studio, Greetings from Yosigo caught our eye for two main reasons. The first is the choice of yellow, so bright it immediately reminds you of the best kind of naff postcard you buy on holiday and then your eyes adjust to a pretty raunchy nude photograph on it’s cover! The content inside the book is a photographic essay of Spain, created as “a reflection on Spanish culture by talented Barcelona-based photographer Yosigo,” Querida explains. The narrative of Yosigo’s photography takes you on a Spanish journey, from the sun, sea and waterparks to bums and bars, completing in Benidorm.
A new project from Querida is the current issue of Perdiz, a publication whose ethos we can relate to as “a magazine that focuses on the things that make people happy”. This issue sees the studio collaborate again with photographer and Here 2017 speaker Carlota Guerrero, on a cover story exploring “ecosexuals”. Inside the issue you can also find “a fire-breathing entomologist who runs a flea circus,” and an interview with the founder of chess boxing. The unfamiliar but spirited content that Perdiz features is amalgamated into a neat and impressively bi-lingual magazine by Querida.
- Dime Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Cat Sims confronts issues of social housing in latest zine, Space
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s