There are many reason why shows such as Roseanne, Malcolm in the Middle, Friends, and Clarissa Explains it All made such a lasting impression on many of us, and I think it’s partly down to the set design. Now you’re older, when you eat dinner on the sofa you feel like you could be in Roseanne’s loving, nagging family. When you’re furnishing your flat, you’re hoping it will turn out like Monica’s. When you order takeaway pizza, do you feel like you’re in That 70s Show – you’re American, and you’re stoned? I do.
This video encapsulates the same feelings you get from old sitcom reruns. The couch beckons, the console controllers are well-handled, and the canned laughter is set to 11. Only this time it’s a music video, and you’re also listening to a teenage white girl rapping a rather catchy song. The set designers and prop guys have done a seriously good job at making this as sitcom-like as possible – you half expect Sam to prop his creepy ladder against the window at any moment. Love it.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)