It’s Nice That is proud and delighted to announce our media partnership with one of the most prestigious events in the art and design calendar. The Royal College of Art’s annual graduate exhibition showcases the work of a staggering 575 postgraduates drawn from more than 40 countries, united by their rigour, invention and excellence.
Show RCA 2014 takes place over the college’s two campuses, with painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture alongside ceramics and glass, goldsmithing, silversmithing, metalwork and jewellery, fashion accessories and textiles on display in Battersea. Meanwhile the architecture, design and communication students will exhibit at the Kensington site, taking in animation, interior design and design engineering among a host of other programmes.
RCA alumni include stellar names like Tracey Emin and David Hockney, James Dyson, Thomas Heatherwick and Henry Moore, so the summer show is the first opportunity to engage with the creative stars of tomorrow (and much of the work will be on sale too).
It’s Nice That will be making a series of short films in the run-up to and around the launch of Show RCA 2014, to give behind-the-scenes insights into the hard work, dedication and passion of these young talents. We will also be covering the shows once they open to the public on 18 June.
Show RCA 2014 runs until 29 June at the Royal College of Art’s Battersea and Kensington campuses. For more information visit the dedicated website.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Hans der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality