It’s Nice That is proud and delighted to announce our media partnership with one of the most prestigious events in the art and design calendar. The Royal College of Art’s annual graduate exhibition showcases the work of a staggering 575 postgraduates drawn from more than 40 countries, united by their rigour, invention and excellence.
Show RCA 2014 takes place over the college’s two campuses, with painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture alongside ceramics and glass, goldsmithing, silversmithing, metalwork and jewellery, fashion accessories and textiles on display in Battersea. Meanwhile the architecture, design and communication students will exhibit at the Kensington site, taking in animation, interior design and design engineering among a host of other programmes.
RCA alumni include stellar names like Tracey Emin and David Hockney, James Dyson, Thomas Heatherwick and Henry Moore, so the summer show is the first opportunity to engage with the creative stars of tomorrow (and much of the work will be on sale too).
It’s Nice That will be making a series of short films in the run-up to and around the launch of Show RCA 2014, to give behind-the-scenes insights into the hard work, dedication and passion of these young talents. We will also be covering the shows once they open to the public on 18 June.
Show RCA 2014 runs until 29 June at the Royal College of Art’s Battersea and Kensington campuses. For more information visit the dedicated website.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design