British Summer Time is a curious thing. I think it’s something to do with farmers, but the net result is that on the weekend after next, everyone in the UK turns their clocks back by an hour at a preordained time. Of course the weather itself is a little less easily manipulated, and it’s unlikely that the sun will suddenly decide to get off its behind and come and give us a summer at last.
Never fear though, because Rekorderlig Cider won’t take no for an answer and are determined to #CelebratetheSun in their new campaign. We told you a couple of weeks back that they were on the hunt for photographs which captured the hazy sun-kissed brilliance of those long summer days, and you responded by the bucket load.
The jury, which included sumptuous master of the sun-kissed photograph Agnes Thor, had a tough time picking the winners but in the end they plumped for David Cooper’s enigmatic shot of three women on a cluster of rocks in Glasgow, Charlie Penwarden’s glorious Dorset beachscape and James Markham’s view of Glastonbury Festival.
These three images will take pride of place on billboards across London as part of Rekorderlig’s #CelebratetheSun campaign and the winners will also get a Lytro camera and a place on a workshop run by Agnes. If you think you can do better, the second phase of the competition is now open with more prizes up for grabs. Visit Rekorderlig’s Facebook page to enter.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s