British Summer Time is a curious thing. I think it’s something to do with farmers, but the net result is that on the weekend after next, everyone in the UK turns their clocks back by an hour at a preordained time. Of course the weather itself is a little less easily manipulated, and it’s unlikely that the sun will suddenly decide to get off its behind and come and give us a summer at last.
Never fear though, because Rekorderlig Cider won’t take no for an answer and are determined to #CelebratetheSun in their new campaign. We told you a couple of weeks back that they were on the hunt for photographs which captured the hazy sun-kissed brilliance of those long summer days, and you responded by the bucket load.
The jury, which included sumptuous master of the sun-kissed photograph Agnes Thor, had a tough time picking the winners but in the end they plumped for David Cooper’s enigmatic shot of three women on a cluster of rocks in Glasgow, Charlie Penwarden’s glorious Dorset beachscape and James Markham’s view of Glastonbury Festival.
These three images will take pride of place on billboards across London as part of Rekorderlig’s #CelebratetheSun campaign and the winners will also get a Lytro camera and a place on a workshop run by Agnes. If you think you can do better, the second phase of the competition is now open with more prizes up for grabs. Visit Rekorderlig’s Facebook page to enter.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations