No big deal but I’ve just been sitting here with my eyeballs turning into curry thanks to the wonderful animations of artist Rhys Coren. It’s Friday, so a little bit of coma-inducing pattern-shifting is totally allowed, nay recommended. A man with more projects under his belt than you can shake a USB stick at, Rhys has been at the forefront of young, contemporary artwork since 2008, relentlessly putting on shows and collaborations with some of London’s freshest thinkers such as Luckypdf and B.C.
As well as making these rather mesmerising animations and planning groundbreaking shows, Rhys is one half of Bubblebyte, an “online gallery showcasing artists that engage in a creative way with the digital space and stress the multiple possibilities of the media.” Bubblebyte specialises in webpage takeovers for the likes of the Venice Biennale and Art Licks. Where’s he going to go next? We don’t know, but as long as he keeps churning out these eye-popping videos, we’ll be happy.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf