Ricardo Leite is an Amsterdam-based graphic designer and art director, working across visual identity, editorial design and illustration. Combining two of those specialities – namely graphic design and illustration – Ricardo has developed a research project with interactive design company Kaue Costa called Sottsays! It is a software generator that spits out random compositions based around forms, and each format is created a as whole so they embody an entirely new meaning.
Ricardo has produced posters and booklets to illustrate what the kit can produce and we love the mishmash of shapes and colours showing the completely random compositions. Holy Moly!
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again