Ricardo Leite is an Amsterdam-based graphic designer and art director, working across visual identity, editorial design and illustration. Combining two of those specialities – namely graphic design and illustration – Ricardo has developed a research project with interactive design company Kaue Costa called Sottsays! It is a software generator that spits out random compositions based around forms, and each format is created a as whole so they embody an entirely new meaning.
Ricardo has produced posters and booklets to illustrate what the kit can produce and we love the mishmash of shapes and colours showing the completely random compositions. Holy Moly!
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label