Ricardo Leite is an Amsterdam-based graphic designer and art director, working across visual identity, editorial design and illustration. Combining two of those specialities – namely graphic design and illustration – Ricardo has developed a research project with interactive design company Kaue Costa called Sottsays! It is a software generator that spits out random compositions based around forms, and each format is created a as whole so they embody an entirely new meaning.
Ricardo has produced posters and booklets to illustrate what the kit can produce and we love the mishmash of shapes and colours showing the completely random compositions. Holy Moly!
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale