I’ve got a confession to make; I’ve posted quite a few people recently that I discovered on the website of a Dutch Risograph studio called Vinex Pers. Viktor Hachmang created their identity and they count some of my favourite illustrators as clients. Their website is packed full of exciting work from fantastic creative talents and I’d like to show you just one more.
Dutch designer and illustrator Robin Van Wijk is based in The Hague where he spends his time creating psychedelic, sci-fi inspired illustrations for a list of exciting, underground clients. He’s collaborated with Rajeev Basu, Julian Sirre and a handful of other brilliant talents – and he’s only just graduated college. Aside from his outstanding signature style that blends futuristic vector graphics with Matisse-esque torn shapes, he’s also an incredibly talented screen-printer, and has created some stunning animations from hand-pulled prints as part of his graduation project. Slow work I’m sure, but well worth the effort.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August