DJ Shadow has just released the video to Nobody Speaks. Featuring Run The Jewels, the track comes from DJ Shadow’s album The Mountain Will Fall, released this June on Mass Appeal Records. The video was shot by Sam Pilling, whose previous work includes music videos for J Cole’s She Knows, SBTRKT’s Wildfire and The Weeknd’s Pretty, and was produced by Pulse Films and Radioaktive Film.
The action centres on a group of UN-style world leaders in a round table meeting. As tension between delegates escalates, a full-on punch up breaks out and the Dr. Strangelove-inspired war room becomes a sparring ring. It’s a farce, but one that sits uncomfortably close to this year’s political reality. With the American election just months away, we started thinking: who would win in a fight between Trump and Clinton?
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again