I’ve never really got saunas not being a fan of either semi-nudity or having a REALLY HOT FACE but a new magazine of that name might modify my thinking. It’s the brainchild of Luis Dourado who is working with a multi-national team of editors and curators to produce “a transversal and unarmed journey through creativity and creation.” Each issue will focus on a single practitioner, taking the time to really get to know them and their work through beautiful big imagery and chapters like “Disrobe,” “Recline” and “Sweat” (the sauna holy trinity).
The first issue features Barcelona-based fashion photographer César Segarra, highly sought after for his unconventional, eye-catching imagery and Sauna’s format and layout really give his work room to shine.
The one-creative magazine has a strong tradition with publications like mono.kultur but if the inaugural issue’s anything to go by, Sauna W/ looks like a fine addition to this stable.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”