I’ve never really got saunas not being a fan of either semi-nudity or having a REALLY HOT FACE but a new magazine of that name might modify my thinking. It’s the brainchild of Luis Dourado who is working with a multi-national team of editors and curators to produce “a transversal and unarmed journey through creativity and creation.” Each issue will focus on a single practitioner, taking the time to really get to know them and their work through beautiful big imagery and chapters like “Disrobe,” “Recline” and “Sweat” (the sauna holy trinity).
The first issue features Barcelona-based fashion photographer César Segarra, highly sought after for his unconventional, eye-catching imagery and Sauna’s format and layout really give his work room to shine.
The one-creative magazine has a strong tradition with publications like mono.kultur but if the inaugural issue’s anything to go by, Sauna W/ looks like a fine addition to this stable.
- Exclusive: Watch Will Robson-Scott’s new film “God Loves Ugly”
- An exclusive first look inside the next issue of Hero
- Koln Studio's new website displays their extensive and inventive graphic design
- Printed Pages AW16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Giuliano Buttafuoco depicts character through bright colours and sparse details
- Issue two of Pollen magazine explores this “creaturely life”
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity