I’ve never really got saunas not being a fan of either semi-nudity or having a REALLY HOT FACE but a new magazine of that name might modify my thinking. It’s the brainchild of Luis Dourado who is working with a multi-national team of editors and curators to produce “a transversal and unarmed journey through creativity and creation.” Each issue will focus on a single practitioner, taking the time to really get to know them and their work through beautiful big imagery and chapters like “Disrobe,” “Recline” and “Sweat” (the sauna holy trinity).
The first issue features Barcelona-based fashion photographer César Segarra, highly sought after for his unconventional, eye-catching imagery and Sauna’s format and layout really give his work room to shine.
The one-creative magazine has a strong tradition with publications like mono.kultur but if the inaugural issue’s anything to go by, Sauna W/ looks like a fine addition to this stable.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100