I’ve never really got saunas not being a fan of either semi-nudity or having a REALLY HOT FACE but a new magazine of that name might modify my thinking. It’s the brainchild of Luis Dourado who is working with a multi-national team of editors and curators to produce “a transversal and unarmed journey through creativity and creation.” Each issue will focus on a single practitioner, taking the time to really get to know them and their work through beautiful big imagery and chapters like “Disrobe,” “Recline” and “Sweat” (the sauna holy trinity).
The first issue features Barcelona-based fashion photographer César Segarra, highly sought after for his unconventional, eye-catching imagery and Sauna’s format and layout really give his work room to shine.
The one-creative magazine has a strong tradition with publications like mono.kultur but if the inaugural issue’s anything to go by, Sauna W/ looks like a fine addition to this stable.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"