First up in our travel themed Nicer Tuesdays talks is Chris Vickers from She Was Only, the studio that has just taken over the design of “nomadic travel and culture journal” boat magazine. Chris explained how previously “each issue felt like a different publication entirely to reflect the cities being featured” and so his team worked on creating something more consistent. Changing the masthead, the format, the type choices and the way photography was used, She Was Only wanted a look and feel that could bounce off the feature city (Lima in Issue 7) while retaining an overall elegance and clarity.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?
- Jeremy Jansen’s graphic design work bridges concept and coherency
- Michael Craig-Martin: a cool, clean and colourful riot of everyday objects
- Anatoly Grashchenko's randomly generated posters for a Moscow theatre
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Bobby Doherty’s vivid and humorous still-life photography
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs