First up in our travel themed Nicer Tuesdays talks is Chris Vickers from She Was Only, the studio that has just taken over the design of “nomadic travel and culture journal” boat magazine. Chris explained how previously “each issue felt like a different publication entirely to reflect the cities being featured” and so his team worked on creating something more consistent. Changing the masthead, the format, the type choices and the way photography was used, She Was Only wanted a look and feel that could bounce off the feature city (Lima in Issue 7) while retaining an overall elegance and clarity.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at email@example.com or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Biel defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs