We’ve got a huge amount of respect for anyone riding the perilous wave of independent publishing at the moment. It’s seems you can’t go a week without a new title or platform rising up and then disappearing almost immediately. To woefully mix metaphors, it’s a jungle out there!
Sleeperhold Publications is a Belgian outfit managing to buck the trend of endangered publishing with their ultra-covetable limited run productions. Their whole ethos is based around producing high-quality desirable objects to the tune of ten limited editions, before ceasing to exist – leaving space for a new publishing outfit to rise up and take its place.
So far Sleeperhold have produced a photo book, a poster set, a deck of cards, a book of short stories and ten vinyls, and at the midpoint of their project are still going strong. We’d advise everyone to get themselves some Sleeperhold products as each one is beautifully considered and crafted – and with names like Eric Yahnker involved you can guarantee the output will be first rate!
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan