We’ve got a huge amount of respect for anyone riding the perilous wave of independent publishing at the moment. It’s seems you can’t go a week without a new title or platform rising up and then disappearing almost immediately. To woefully mix metaphors, it’s a jungle out there!
Sleeperhold Publications is a Belgian outfit managing to buck the trend of endangered publishing with their ultra-covetable limited run productions. Their whole ethos is based around producing high-quality desirable objects to the tune of ten limited editions, before ceasing to exist – leaving space for a new publishing outfit to rise up and take its place.
So far Sleeperhold have produced a photo book, a poster set, a deck of cards, a book of short stories and ten vinyls, and at the midpoint of their project are still going strong. We’d advise everyone to get themselves some Sleeperhold products as each one is beautifully considered and crafted – and with names like Eric Yahnker involved you can guarantee the output will be first rate!
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang