We’ve got a huge amount of respect for anyone riding the perilous wave of independent publishing at the moment. It’s seems you can’t go a week without a new title or platform rising up and then disappearing almost immediately. To woefully mix metaphors, it’s a jungle out there!
Sleeperhold Publications is a Belgian outfit managing to buck the trend of endangered publishing with their ultra-covetable limited run productions. Their whole ethos is based around producing high-quality desirable objects to the tune of ten limited editions, before ceasing to exist – leaving space for a new publishing outfit to rise up and take its place.
So far Sleeperhold have produced a photo book, a poster set, a deck of cards, a book of short stories and ten vinyls, and at the midpoint of their project are still going strong. We’d advise everyone to get themselves some Sleeperhold products as each one is beautifully considered and crafted – and with names like Eric Yahnker involved you can guarantee the output will be first rate!
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language