We’ve got a huge amount of respect for anyone riding the perilous wave of independent publishing at the moment. It’s seems you can’t go a week without a new title or platform rising up and then disappearing almost immediately. To woefully mix metaphors, it’s a jungle out there!
Sleeperhold Publications is a Belgian outfit managing to buck the trend of endangered publishing with their ultra-covetable limited run productions. Their whole ethos is based around producing high-quality desirable objects to the tune of ten limited editions, before ceasing to exist – leaving space for a new publishing outfit to rise up and take its place.
So far Sleeperhold have produced a photo book, a poster set, a deck of cards, a book of short stories and ten vinyls, and at the midpoint of their project are still going strong. We’d advise everyone to get themselves some Sleeperhold products as each one is beautifully considered and crafted – and with names like Eric Yahnker involved you can guarantee the output will be first rate!
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality