There’s a tendency when you work in a particular industry to resort to an odd sort of hyperbole over certain issues – so almost universally news of Spotify’s new iPad app has been reported in terms of “finally it’s here” as though we were on the verge of civil breakdown unless the general populace’s demands for such an app were sated. Nevertheless it is big news if you a) have an iPad and b)like Spotify in which case you’ll likely be cock-a-hoop at the news.
It’s a smart looking thing with the bigger screen used to show off album artwork and the like and a functionality that appears at first look to combine ease and aesthetics. This promo video has been created to introduce the new app and it’s a belter (although perhaps a risky marketing strategy given web users’ famed short attention span?).
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August