There’s a tendency when you work in a particular industry to resort to an odd sort of hyperbole over certain issues – so almost universally news of Spotify’s new iPad app has been reported in terms of “finally it’s here” as though we were on the verge of civil breakdown unless the general populace’s demands for such an app were sated. Nevertheless it is big news if you a) have an iPad and b)like Spotify in which case you’ll likely be cock-a-hoop at the news.
It’s a smart looking thing with the bigger screen used to show off album artwork and the like and a functionality that appears at first look to combine ease and aesthetics. This promo video has been created to introduce the new app and it’s a belter (although perhaps a risky marketing strategy given web users’ famed short attention span?).
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant