There’s a tendency when you work in a particular industry to resort to an odd sort of hyperbole over certain issues – so almost universally news of Spotify’s new iPad app has been reported in terms of “finally it’s here” as though we were on the verge of civil breakdown unless the general populace’s demands for such an app were sated. Nevertheless it is big news if you a) have an iPad and b)like Spotify in which case you’ll likely be cock-a-hoop at the news.
It’s a smart looking thing with the bigger screen used to show off album artwork and the like and a functionality that appears at first look to combine ease and aesthetics. This promo video has been created to introduce the new app and it’s a belter (although perhaps a risky marketing strategy given web users’ famed short attention span?).
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan