Hello pod listeners! We don’t know how many there are of you, potentially a dwindling amount, but hello to those of you that do listen – we love you very much. This week it’s Liv Siddall in the host-throne, with her lovely minions Maisie Skidmore, James Cartwright and Rob Alderson. Ready? Let’s go. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we discussed the controversial stunt pulled by the mischievous lads at Paddy Power, then we went on to chat about Marina Abramovic’s fascinating new immersive show at the Serpentine Gallery. After the ever-so-catchy jingle we returned to lament the death of Spot the Dog creator Eric Hill, and delve into the pages of the new issue of Printed Pages_magazine. Exciting! See you next week!
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Devilish charm: the illustrations of Polly Nor
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity