Hello pod listeners! We don’t know how many there are of you, potentially a dwindling amount, but hello to those of you that do listen – we love you very much. This week it’s Liv Siddall in the host-throne, with her lovely minions Maisie Skidmore, James Cartwright and Rob Alderson. Ready? Let’s go. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we discussed the controversial stunt pulled by the mischievous lads at Paddy Power, then we went on to chat about Marina Abramovic’s fascinating new immersive show at the Serpentine Gallery. After the ever-so-catchy jingle we returned to lament the death of Spot the Dog creator Eric Hill, and delve into the pages of the new issue of Printed Pages_magazine. Exciting! See you next week!
- Danish illustrator Rune Fisker’s clean, windswept surrealism
- Filmmaker Alice Dunseath presents a meditative reflection on life
- Edinburgh graduate Jack Fletcher's beautiful woodcut illustrations
- There Is' ace new typographic projects for Wired and New York Times magazine
- Clase bcn's bright but elegant identity for a Barcelona concert hall
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli