Hello pod listeners! We don’t know how many there are of you, potentially a dwindling amount, but hello to those of you that do listen – we love you very much. This week it’s Liv Siddall in the host-throne, with her lovely minions Maisie Skidmore, James Cartwright and Rob Alderson. Ready? Let’s go. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we discussed the controversial stunt pulled by the mischievous lads at Paddy Power, then we went on to chat about Marina Abramovic’s fascinating new immersive show at the Serpentine Gallery. After the ever-so-catchy jingle we returned to lament the death of Spot the Dog creator Eric Hill, and delve into the pages of the new issue of Printed Pages_magazine. Exciting! See you next week!
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs