We’ve got 24 minutes of tasty art and design tidbits for your delectation in this week’s podcast. Among the things we learn is that Maisie Skidmore used to be in a band called CM7, a tiny burrito proves too much for Liv Siddall and James Cartwright knows the word “aestheticised.” As ever you can listen using the link below or subscribe via iTunes here Remember you can join in too using the discussion thread below.
We started this week looking ahead to the much-anticipated Alexander McQueen show Savage Beauty coming to the V&A in London next year, before discussing the Hyères 2014 photographic shortlist which included the likes of Osma Harvilahti (below). We then looked at Sagmeister & Walsh’s new identity for the Jewish Museum in New York and rounded off trying to make some sense of The Webby Award winners such as the brilliant Between Two Ferns.
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Casper Balslev shows ballerinas wielding AK-47s in his ad for the Royal Danish Theatre
- An unusual custom typeface and great layouts for new print mag Migrant
- Bold, minimal-leaning graphic design from hot new studio Vrints-Kolsteren
- Daniel Savage’s monochrome animation plays with geometry and space
- Waverly Labs launches an earpiece that translates languages in real time
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- Milton Glaser: we talk drawing, ethics, Shakespeare and Trump with the graphic design legend
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys
- Should designers specialise early, or have a “portfolio career”?