We’ve got 24 minutes of tasty art and design tidbits for your delectation in this week’s podcast. Among the things we learn is that Maisie Skidmore used to be in a band called CM7, a tiny burrito proves too much for Liv Siddall and James Cartwright knows the word “aestheticised.” As ever you can listen using the link below or subscribe via iTunes here Remember you can join in too using the discussion thread below.
We started this week looking ahead to the much-anticipated Alexander McQueen show Savage Beauty coming to the V&A in London next year, before discussing the Hyères 2014 photographic shortlist which included the likes of Osma Harvilahti (below). We then looked at Sagmeister & Walsh’s new identity for the Jewish Museum in New York and rounded off trying to make some sense of The Webby Award winners such as the brilliant Between Two Ferns.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?