Hello tiny pod children, we’re back in our fifht series, on episode 25. 25! That’s one podcast a year for host Liv Siddall’s entire life, imagine that! This week around the Studio Audience table with Liv are Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright, the dream team, having a nice chat about all the art and design gumph that’s been floating around this week. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
Today we kicked off by talking about each of our guests’ most embarrassing moments (excellent) and then moved on to discuss something we’re all interested in: podcasts! Maisie and James tell us about which podcasts and radio shows they listen to and why and what elements tend to make an extra special one. After this Maisie told us about the recent dialogue between Quentin Blake and David Walliams about their collaboration on David’s book, _ The Boy In The Dress_.
Next up we chatted about sweaty James Cartwright’s love of cycling and the brilliant new film by Andrew Telling for Rapha on time for the Tour de France. We also made time to talk about the controversial video produced by Don’t Panic for Greenpeace to urge LEGO to cease their collaborations with Shell oil. Anyone who’s interested to hear about Michael Parkin’s distracting desk ornament go over here and anyone who wants to see the hilarious blog made by a guy who hates it when his train is delayed, go over here. That’s all folks, see you next week!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery