Hello tiny pod children, we’re back in our fifht series, on episode 25. 25! That’s one podcast a year for host Liv Siddall’s entire life, imagine that! This week around the Studio Audience table with Liv are Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright, the dream team, having a nice chat about all the art and design gumph that’s been floating around this week. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
Today we kicked off by talking about each of our guests’ most embarrassing moments (excellent) and then moved on to discuss something we’re all interested in: podcasts! Maisie and James tell us about which podcasts and radio shows they listen to and why and what elements tend to make an extra special one. After this Maisie told us about the recent dialogue between Quentin Blake and David Walliams about their collaboration on David’s book, _ The Boy In The Dress_.
Next up we chatted about sweaty James Cartwright’s love of cycling and the brilliant new film by Andrew Telling for Rapha on time for the Tour de France. We also made time to talk about the controversial video produced by Don’t Panic for Greenpeace to urge LEGO to cease their collaborations with Shell oil. Anyone who’s interested to hear about Michael Parkin’s distracting desk ornament go over here and anyone who wants to see the hilarious blog made by a guy who hates it when his train is delayed, go over here. That’s all folks, see you next week!
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100