Hello tiny pod children, we’re back in our fifht series, on episode 25. 25! That’s one podcast a year for host Liv Siddall’s entire life, imagine that! This week around the Studio Audience table with Liv are Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright, the dream team, having a nice chat about all the art and design gumph that’s been floating around this week. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
Today we kicked off by talking about each of our guests’ most embarrassing moments (excellent) and then moved on to discuss something we’re all interested in: podcasts! Maisie and James tell us about which podcasts and radio shows they listen to and why and what elements tend to make an extra special one. After this Maisie told us about the recent dialogue between Quentin Blake and David Walliams about their collaboration on David’s book, _ The Boy In The Dress_.
Next up we chatted about sweaty James Cartwright’s love of cycling and the brilliant new film by Andrew Telling for Rapha on time for the Tour de France. We also made time to talk about the controversial video produced by Don’t Panic for Greenpeace to urge LEGO to cease their collaborations with Shell oil. Anyone who’s interested to hear about Michael Parkin’s distracting desk ornament go over here and anyone who wants to see the hilarious blog made by a guy who hates it when his train is delayed, go over here. That’s all folks, see you next week!
- Activism, raving and vintage cookbooks – highlights from Nicer Tuesdays June
- Patrick Savile’s dreamy designs draw from 70s airbrush art, Roger Dean and Turing patterns
- Illustrator Nathan Cowdry depicts an unusual dialogue between two strangers in his new comic, Shiner
- Our round-up of this year’s UK grad show identities and show designs
- Nathalie du Pasquier opens first solo show in UK for almost 25 years
- Photographer Ian Kenneth Bird shares his top photobooks
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy