Hello tiny pod children, we’re back in our fifht series, on episode 25. 25! That’s one podcast a year for host Liv Siddall’s entire life, imagine that! This week around the Studio Audience table with Liv are Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright, the dream team, having a nice chat about all the art and design gumph that’s been floating around this week. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
Today we kicked off by talking about each of our guests’ most embarrassing moments (excellent) and then moved on to discuss something we’re all interested in: podcasts! Maisie and James tell us about which podcasts and radio shows they listen to and why and what elements tend to make an extra special one. After this Maisie told us about the recent dialogue between Quentin Blake and David Walliams about their collaboration on David’s book, _ The Boy In The Dress_.
Next up we chatted about sweaty James Cartwright’s love of cycling and the brilliant new film by Andrew Telling for Rapha on time for the Tour de France. We also made time to talk about the controversial video produced by Don’t Panic for Greenpeace to urge LEGO to cease their collaborations with Shell oil. Anyone who’s interested to hear about Michael Parkin’s distracting desk ornament go over here and anyone who wants to see the hilarious blog made by a guy who hates it when his train is delayed, go over here. That’s all folks, see you next week!
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant