You know how much we love to please your eyes but just recently we’ve been giving some love to your ears as well (this sounds weird. I’ll stop now).
In the first section we discussed the Olympics and how well the graphic elements
had come together with the Games now just a week away and we also chatted Apartamento , how and why the supercool magazine has achieved such sterling success.
In part two we spoke to Lucienne about the Graphic Design& Everything event being held at the Design Museum this weekend and why she’s on a mission to explain the interconnectedness of her art with the world around us (referencing this brilliant Dickens project and this great show at the Wellcome Collection we chatted to Danielle about KK’s plans for the Olympics and their eclectic programming. Finally we talked about how the industry can try and ensure that women are given equal opportunities to make their mark.
And the rest…
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August