You know how much we love to please your eyes but just recently we’ve been giving some love to your ears as well (this sounds weird. I’ll stop now).
In the first section we discussed the Olympics and how well the graphic elements
had come together with the Games now just a week away and we also chatted Apartamento , how and why the supercool magazine has achieved such sterling success.
In part two we spoke to Lucienne about the Graphic Design& Everything event being held at the Design Museum this weekend and why she’s on a mission to explain the interconnectedness of her art with the world around us (referencing this brilliant Dickens project and this great show at the Wellcome Collection we chatted to Danielle about KK’s plans for the Olympics and their eclectic programming. Finally we talked about how the industry can try and ensure that women are given equal opportunities to make their mark.
And the rest…
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf