You know how much we love to please your eyes but just recently we’ve been giving some love to your ears as well (this sounds weird. I’ll stop now).
In the first section we discussed the Olympics and how well the graphic elements
had come together with the Games now just a week away and we also chatted Apartamento , how and why the supercool magazine has achieved such sterling success.
In part two we spoke to Lucienne about the Graphic Design& Everything event being held at the Design Museum this weekend and why she’s on a mission to explain the interconnectedness of her art with the world around us (referencing this brilliant Dickens project and this great show at the Wellcome Collection we chatted to Danielle about KK’s plans for the Olympics and their eclectic programming. Finally we talked about how the industry can try and ensure that women are given equal opportunities to make their mark.
And the rest…
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design