You know how much we love to please your eyes but just recently we’ve been giving some love to your ears as well (this sounds weird. I’ll stop now).
In the first section we discussed the Olympics and how well the graphic elements
had come together with the Games now just a week away and we also chatted Apartamento , how and why the supercool magazine has achieved such sterling success.
In part two we spoke to Lucienne about the Graphic Design& Everything event being held at the Design Museum this weekend and why she’s on a mission to explain the interconnectedness of her art with the world around us (referencing this brilliant Dickens project and this great show at the Wellcome Collection we chatted to Danielle about KK’s plans for the Olympics and their eclectic programming. Finally we talked about how the industry can try and ensure that women are given equal opportunities to make their mark.
And the rest…
- Art and About: Charlotte Trounce celebrates the architectural beauty of museums and galleries
- Riikka Laakso’s screenprinted zine is a tribute to Moomin author Tove Jansson
- Sandy Van Helden’s illustrations of contemporary culture
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- The stylistic punch of Dexter Lander's photography
- Shun Sasaki’s designs burst with colour and kawaii appeal
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Juan Aballe’s photographs of pastoral landscapes filled with wanderlust
- Exclusive first interview with new UK Vice.com editor Jamie Clifton