Afternoon, podlings! Liv Siddall is back again with her face-for-radio companions Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright. This week is very special as they are also joined by editor-in-chief Rob Alderson! Wheyyy! This truly is all the art and design news and muffled giggles you’ll ever need. Probably.
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
First up we chat about what we’d give to go to SXSW festival (a lot it turns out) and move swiftly on to chatting about Grayson Perry’s extraordinary lecture to finish off the Women of the World Festival. We then caught up with Rob about the best bits of Design Indaba where he’s been for the last few weeks – lucky devil! – in particular a moving talk from experienced photographer David Goldblatt.
In section two we debated the lasting value of Pono, Neil Young’s answer to an INCREDIBLY high quality audio portable music device, and then talked about our favourite stories that emerged from interviewing the fantastic creatives in the new issue of Printed Pages magazine – lush! Don’t forget to hear the best things our guests saw this week, in particular a tapestry that James…zzz…sorry, a tapestry that James talks about where it’s really…zzz…
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs