Afternoon, podlings! Liv Siddall is back again with her face-for-radio companions Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright. This week is very special as they are also joined by editor-in-chief Rob Alderson! Wheyyy! This truly is all the art and design news and muffled giggles you’ll ever need. Probably.
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
First up we chat about what we’d give to go to SXSW festival (a lot it turns out) and move swiftly on to chatting about Grayson Perry’s extraordinary lecture to finish off the Women of the World Festival. We then caught up with Rob about the best bits of Design Indaba where he’s been for the last few weeks – lucky devil! – in particular a moving talk from experienced photographer David Goldblatt.
In section two we debated the lasting value of Pono, Neil Young’s answer to an INCREDIBLY high quality audio portable music device, and then talked about our favourite stories that emerged from interviewing the fantastic creatives in the new issue of Printed Pages magazine – lush! Don’t forget to hear the best things our guests saw this week, in particular a tapestry that James…zzz…sorry, a tapestry that James talks about where it’s really…zzz…
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang