Afternoon, podlings! Liv Siddall is back again with her face-for-radio companions Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright. This week is very special as they are also joined by editor-in-chief Rob Alderson! Wheyyy! This truly is all the art and design news and muffled giggles you’ll ever need. Probably.
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
First up we chat about what we’d give to go to SXSW festival (a lot it turns out) and move swiftly on to chatting about Grayson Perry’s extraordinary lecture to finish off the Women of the World Festival. We then caught up with Rob about the best bits of Design Indaba where he’s been for the last few weeks – lucky devil! – in particular a moving talk from experienced photographer David Goldblatt.
In section two we debated the lasting value of Pono, Neil Young’s answer to an INCREDIBLY high quality audio portable music device, and then talked about our favourite stories that emerged from interviewing the fantastic creatives in the new issue of Printed Pages magazine – lush! Don’t forget to hear the best things our guests saw this week, in particular a tapestry that James…zzz…sorry, a tapestry that James talks about where it’s really…zzz…
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Five projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Designer Ted Hyunak Yoon creates a visual analysis of dictators’ statues in history
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant