Afternoon, podlings! Liv Siddall is back again with her face-for-radio companions Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright. This week is very special as they are also joined by editor-in-chief Rob Alderson! Wheyyy! This truly is all the art and design news and muffled giggles you’ll ever need. Probably.
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
First up we chat about what we’d give to go to SXSW festival (a lot it turns out) and move swiftly on to chatting about Grayson Perry’s extraordinary lecture to finish off the Women of the World Festival. We then caught up with Rob about the best bits of Design Indaba where he’s been for the last few weeks – lucky devil! – in particular a moving talk from experienced photographer David Goldblatt.
In section two we debated the lasting value of Pono, Neil Young’s answer to an INCREDIBLY high quality audio portable music device, and then talked about our favourite stories that emerged from interviewing the fantastic creatives in the new issue of Printed Pages magazine – lush! Don’t forget to hear the best things our guests saw this week, in particular a tapestry that James…zzz…sorry, a tapestry that James talks about where it’s really…zzz…
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s