Oh hi there! It’s that time again, time for three chums chewing the fat that is the art and design news of the week. This show is once more hosted by Liv Siddall and the guests were Will Hudson and James Cartwright. Fancy hearing two grown men squirm as they are forced to talk about fashion shows and menstruation? Then this is the podcast for you. Enjoy!
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
Yep, that’s right, in this week’s pod we hear Will Hudson gushing about the mind-blowing Chanel show that happened this week. The show, which was held in the Grand Palais and resembled a Pop Art supermarket (with models) has caught everyone’s attention this week, and you can read more about it over here on i-D. We then chatted about Penguin’s exciting and uncharacteristic digital collaboration with Dare, Toronto to promote Khaled Hosseini’s novel And The Mountains Echoed.
After a short (but catchy) jingle we rejoined to talk about Arunachalam Muruganantham’s revolutionary invention that hopes to solve India’s sanitary towel problem for good. The BBC have a fascinating article about him over on their site that is worth reading and then immediately sharing with everyone you know. Inspiring stuff!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, here’s our UK Eurovision entry playlist. Probably best not to listen to the Scooch track though.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood