Oh hi there! It’s that time again, time for three chums chewing the fat that is the art and design news of the week. This show is once more hosted by Liv Siddall and the guests were Will Hudson and James Cartwright. Fancy hearing two grown men squirm as they are forced to talk about fashion shows and menstruation? Then this is the podcast for you. Enjoy!
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
Yep, that’s right, in this week’s pod we hear Will Hudson gushing about the mind-blowing Chanel show that happened this week. The show, which was held in the Grand Palais and resembled a Pop Art supermarket (with models) has caught everyone’s attention this week, and you can read more about it over here on i-D. We then chatted about Penguin’s exciting and uncharacteristic digital collaboration with Dare, Toronto to promote Khaled Hosseini’s novel And The Mountains Echoed.
After a short (but catchy) jingle we rejoined to talk about Arunachalam Muruganantham’s revolutionary invention that hopes to solve India’s sanitary towel problem for good. The BBC have a fascinating article about him over on their site that is worth reading and then immediately sharing with everyone you know. Inspiring stuff!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, here’s our UK Eurovision entry playlist. Probably best not to listen to the Scooch track though.
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant