Oh hi there! It’s that time again, time for three chums chewing the fat that is the art and design news of the week. This show is once more hosted by Liv Siddall and the guests were Will Hudson and James Cartwright. Fancy hearing two grown men squirm as they are forced to talk about fashion shows and menstruation? Then this is the podcast for you. Enjoy!
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
Yep, that’s right, in this week’s pod we hear Will Hudson gushing about the mind-blowing Chanel show that happened this week. The show, which was held in the Grand Palais and resembled a Pop Art supermarket (with models) has caught everyone’s attention this week, and you can read more about it over here on i-D. We then chatted about Penguin’s exciting and uncharacteristic digital collaboration with Dare, Toronto to promote Khaled Hosseini’s novel And The Mountains Echoed.
After a short (but catchy) jingle we rejoined to talk about Arunachalam Muruganantham’s revolutionary invention that hopes to solve India’s sanitary towel problem for good. The BBC have a fascinating article about him over on their site that is worth reading and then immediately sharing with everyone you know. Inspiring stuff!
Oh, and in case you were wondering, here’s our UK Eurovision entry playlist. Probably best not to listen to the Scooch track though.
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design