Hello listeners! Listen up as that is your duty, to four monkeys talking about the art and design news of today. We have all your cultural needs plus a whole lot more. Really though, when I say “more” I mean if you like hearing people mercilessly take the piss out of Printed Pages editor James Cartwright then you’re in for a treat as he gets an absolute battering in this episode. Enjoy!
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
This week we chatted about our best and worst festival experiences – get ready for an absolute whirlwind of a tale from Rob Alderson – then moved on to discussing the Designs of the Year nominations 2014. Next up we discussed this year’s Secret 7" project that has been entered by the likes of Sir Paul Smith, Jeremy Deller and Modern Toss.
After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed Sarah Lucas being chosen to represent the UK at the next Venice Biennale, and the new YCN redesign courtesy of prolific designer Matt Willey. If you’re looking for the fantastic article by Sophie Heawood about Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow that we discussed, just go over here.
- Ustwo says RELAX! with new meditation app Pause
- Workwear: animator Paul Layzell on sports and nostalgia in his style
- Promoting academia with zig-zags, giant facial features and old trash: a masterclass from designer Nejc Prah
- Surreal, disturbing, NSFW and utterly thrilling: the work of Jon Rafman
- Lukas Ackermann’s playfully abstract identity for new Zurich culture hub
- Things! The finest bits and bobs we were sent in September
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here