Hello listeners! Listen up as that is your duty, to four monkeys talking about the art and design news of today. We have all your cultural needs plus a whole lot more. Really though, when I say “more” I mean if you like hearing people mercilessly take the piss out of Printed Pages editor James Cartwright then you’re in for a treat as he gets an absolute battering in this episode. Enjoy!
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
This week we chatted about our best and worst festival experiences – get ready for an absolute whirlwind of a tale from Rob Alderson – then moved on to discussing the Designs of the Year nominations 2014. Next up we discussed this year’s Secret 7" project that has been entered by the likes of Sir Paul Smith, Jeremy Deller and Modern Toss.
After the ever-catchy jingle we then discussed Sarah Lucas being chosen to represent the UK at the next Venice Biennale, and the new YCN redesign courtesy of prolific designer Matt Willey. If you’re looking for the fantastic article by Sophie Heawood about Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow that we discussed, just go over here.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know