Three cheers for the It’s Nice That podcast and all who sail in her! This week we’re dropping conversational anchor in four art and design topics that you’ll salivate over like a salty sea-dog drools over a quart of rum. As ever you can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here. And if you’ve got something to add to the discussion you can use the comment thread below.
We kicked off this week discussing Morrisons projecting a huge baguette advert on the 55-metre wingspan of Antony Gormley’s Angel Of The North sculpture and the supermarket’s subsequent apology, before moving on to discuss the new Artangel project in south London based in a house where Van Gogh once lived. We then looked at Tumblr’s 3.3 billion customisation options on its new app and asked what that might mean, before rounding off asking why The Met Ball gets fashionista tongues wagging every year.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations