Three cheers for the It’s Nice That podcast and all who sail in her! This week we’re dropping conversational anchor in four art and design topics that you’ll salivate over like a salty sea-dog drools over a quart of rum. As ever you can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here. And if you’ve got something to add to the discussion you can use the comment thread below.
We kicked off this week discussing Morrisons projecting a huge baguette advert on the 55-metre wingspan of Antony Gormley’s Angel Of The North sculpture and the supermarket’s subsequent apology, before moving on to discuss the new Artangel project in south London based in a house where Van Gogh once lived. We then looked at Tumblr’s 3.3 billion customisation options on its new app and asked what that might mean, before rounding off asking why The Met Ball gets fashionista tongues wagging every year.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant