Podcast! Podcast! Get your podcast here! Nice and fresh, completely free and more art and design chatter than you can shake the proverbial at! How about you madam? Discerning taste-maker like yourself, you’re just the kind of person who needs this in your life. Podcast! As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off this week discussing the final film from Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli about a Japanese aircraft designer before turning to Daniel Weil’s just-opened show at London’s Design Museum. We then discussed Twitter’s new mute function before rounding off chatting about our Graduates 2014 programme.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection