Podcast! Podcast! Get your podcast here! Nice and fresh, completely free and more art and design chatter than you can shake the proverbial at! How about you madam? Discerning taste-maker like yourself, you’re just the kind of person who needs this in your life. Podcast! As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off this week discussing the final film from Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli about a Japanese aircraft designer before turning to Daniel Weil’s just-opened show at London’s Design Museum. We then discussed Twitter’s new mute function before rounding off chatting about our Graduates 2014 programme.
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio