Podcast! Podcast! Get your podcast here! Nice and fresh, completely free and more art and design chatter than you can shake the proverbial at! How about you madam? Discerning taste-maker like yourself, you’re just the kind of person who needs this in your life. Podcast! As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off this week discussing the final film from Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli about a Japanese aircraft designer before turning to Daniel Weil’s just-opened show at London’s Design Museum. We then discussed Twitter’s new mute function before rounding off chatting about our Graduates 2014 programme.
- Mari Kanstad Johnson's wonderful work picks apart complex narratives
- Bradley Pinkerton’s projects combine handmade gestures with scanned-in textures
- Roberts Rurans uses acrylic paint to add depth and warmth to his illustrations
- The prodigal return of “iconoclastic” artist Danny Fox
- Jump into the world of Ben Jones’ post-internet, psychedelic paintings
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books