Friday! Pow! New episode of Studio Audience! Pow! 23 minutes of art and design chit-chat! Pow pow pow pow! This week’s podcast comes with added laser effects because that’s literally the only way we think we can improve on our audio offering. Just joshing – there’s loads of things we can do better – but lasers sure are fun. Listen using the SoundCloud link below or subscribe via iTunes here.
In the first section this week we chatted about proposals to build two swimming pools in the River Thames and then looked at The Guardian’s new Do Something supplement. Then we discussed the new-look New York Times website and revelled in the brilliance of Chino Otsuka’s photographic project wherein she superimposes her present self into childhood snaps.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU