Friday! Pow! New episode of Studio Audience! Pow! 23 minutes of art and design chit-chat! Pow pow pow pow! This week’s podcast comes with added laser effects because that’s literally the only way we think we can improve on our audio offering. Just joshing – there’s loads of things we can do better – but lasers sure are fun. Listen using the SoundCloud link below or subscribe via iTunes here.
In the first section this week we chatted about proposals to build two swimming pools in the River Thames and then looked at The Guardian’s new Do Something supplement. Then we discussed the new-look New York Times website and revelled in the brilliance of Chino Otsuka’s photographic project wherein she superimposes her present self into childhood snaps.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality