Friday! Pow! New episode of Studio Audience! Pow! 23 minutes of art and design chit-chat! Pow pow pow pow! This week’s podcast comes with added laser effects because that’s literally the only way we think we can improve on our audio offering. Just joshing – there’s loads of things we can do better – but lasers sure are fun. Listen using the SoundCloud link below or subscribe via iTunes here.
In the first section this week we chatted about proposals to build two swimming pools in the River Thames and then looked at The Guardian’s new Do Something supplement. Then we discussed the new-look New York Times website and revelled in the brilliance of Chino Otsuka’s photographic project wherein she superimposes her present self into childhood snaps.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood