Friday! Pow! New episode of Studio Audience! Pow! 23 minutes of art and design chit-chat! Pow pow pow pow! This week’s podcast comes with added laser effects because that’s literally the only way we think we can improve on our audio offering. Just joshing – there’s loads of things we can do better – but lasers sure are fun. Listen using the SoundCloud link below or subscribe via iTunes here.
In the first section this week we chatted about proposals to build two swimming pools in the River Thames and then looked at The Guardian’s new Do Something supplement. Then we discussed the new-look New York Times website and revelled in the brilliance of Chino Otsuka’s photographic project wherein she superimposes her present self into childhood snaps.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”