This week our usually faultless pod guest selection technique threw us a bit of a curveball which ended up with no fewer than five voices vying for attention. If anything this added a certain frisson of competitiveness to proceedings; like a comedy panel show without the vindictiveness. Anyway we covered a lot of ground, laughed quite a lot and (hopefully) made a few reasonable points. You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week talking about musician Matt Farley’s insanely successful playing of the Spotify algorithms before Liv Siddall reported back from Quentin Blake’s talk in London on Tuesday. Then Maisie Skidmore talked us through the new David Bailey retrospective, we discussed this year’s Superbowl adverts and welcomed Facebook’s latest foray into the app world.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan