This week our usually faultless pod guest selection technique threw us a bit of a curveball which ended up with no fewer than five voices vying for attention. If anything this added a certain frisson of competitiveness to proceedings; like a comedy panel show without the vindictiveness. Anyway we covered a lot of ground, laughed quite a lot and (hopefully) made a few reasonable points. You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week talking about musician Matt Farley’s insanely successful playing of the Spotify algorithms before Liv Siddall reported back from Quentin Blake’s talk in London on Tuesday. Then Maisie Skidmore talked us through the new David Bailey retrospective, we discussed this year’s Superbowl adverts and welcomed Facebook’s latest foray into the app world.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery