This week our usually faultless pod guest selection technique threw us a bit of a curveball which ended up with no fewer than five voices vying for attention. If anything this added a certain frisson of competitiveness to proceedings; like a comedy panel show without the vindictiveness. Anyway we covered a lot of ground, laughed quite a lot and (hopefully) made a few reasonable points. You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week talking about musician Matt Farley’s insanely successful playing of the Spotify algorithms before Liv Siddall reported back from Quentin Blake’s talk in London on Tuesday. Then Maisie Skidmore talked us through the new David Bailey retrospective, we discussed this year’s Superbowl adverts and welcomed Facebook’s latest foray into the app world.
- Yukai Du transports us to galaxies far, far away in TED-Ed animation
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Apple to open its Norman Foster-designed campus in April