This week our usually faultless pod guest selection technique threw us a bit of a curveball which ended up with no fewer than five voices vying for attention. If anything this added a certain frisson of competitiveness to proceedings; like a comedy panel show without the vindictiveness. Anyway we covered a lot of ground, laughed quite a lot and (hopefully) made a few reasonable points. You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week talking about musician Matt Farley’s insanely successful playing of the Spotify algorithms before Liv Siddall reported back from Quentin Blake’s talk in London on Tuesday. Then Maisie Skidmore talked us through the new David Bailey retrospective, we discussed this year’s Superbowl adverts and welcomed Facebook’s latest foray into the app world.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work