Christmas time, mistletoe and wine, here’s a podcast of art and design, with logs on the fire, gifts on the tree, time to rejoice in the podcast we see! Sure, a Cliff-themed intro to get you in the mood this week and why ruddy not? You know the drill by now, us, in your ears, with the week’s creative and cultural tidbits.You can’t say fairer than that. You can listen via the SoundCloud link below or subscribe via iTunes here.
On last week’s podcast we said that Mould Map had 200 backers on Kickstarter when in actual fact it had around 800 at that point. Our bad and happy to clarify!
This week we kicked off talking about the print media and how they used their front covers to mark the sad passing of Nelson Mandela, we revelled in the brilliance of artist Alex Chinneck and we stumbled round the news that Macaulay Culkin is part of a pizza-themed Velvet Underground parody band. You heard!
First up we spoke about Pitchfork’s list of the top 25 album covers of 2013, picked out some favourites and wondered what they tell us about the state of album artwork in the digital age.
We moved on to chat about the latest issue of our Printed Pages magazine picking out some choice bits of content and reflecting on the past four publications.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood